Frequent Contributor.. hyllplan Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

IIS 7.5.7600.16385 and PPM 9.22

Jump to solution

Hi!

We are moving to a new platform with w2008/IIS 7.5.

Client: IE 11 in compatible mode.

We have a couple of issues that seems to be related to the web server:

1) Project Details does not load/render all sections of the form, just the first sections? Beneath those sections there is just a white area?

2) Attaching a file to the references section works fine. But when clicking the file to download, it cant resolve the name of the file properly, instead it uses a hash of the file as suggested file name.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Johan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IIS 7.5.7600.16385 and PPM 9.31

Jump to solution

Hello Johan, 

I found a similar case resported when Downloading Attachments in IE11 : File-name comes as garbage value with no extension. The issue is under investigation and as workaround you can use IE11 in  compatibility mode.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1L57983

Hope this helped you.

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
10 Replies
Natalia_R_PPM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IIS 7.5.7600.16385 and PPM 9.22

Jump to solution

Hello Johan,

I agree with you,  it seems to be related to the web server. Maybe the configuration is not right and this is the root of the problem.

Could you please check the following document and compare if you follow all the steps like this guide describes.

Thanks

Best Regards,

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thanks, I will check when in office tomorrow. You dont have any document that relates to iis 7.5?
One question that arrises - is iis 6.0 compatibilty mode required when using 7.5?
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Hyllplan,

First, i would like to tell you that  PPM 9.22. (patch 001-004)  is not supported for IE 11, the supported browser are below:

Internet Explorer 7.0 (32 bit)

Internet Explorer 8.0 (32 bit)

Internet Explorer 9.0 (both 32 bit and 64 bit)

Internet Explorer 10 (Compatible mode only)

Mozilla Firefox 11 or later.

How about if you try to open it on Firefox browser ?

There is an KM may releated what you are describe in your post, please take a look

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00698374

For better understanding can you give us some error screenshot ?

Hope this helps,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution
Yes we are aware of IE11 being unsupported, however in big a company you are not able to choose whats in the client platform. We have been running IE11 (compatible mode) successfully for a year together with 9.22. But we have done this using IIS6 web server. Now we are forced to use IIS7.5, so it might behave different. However we found the reason for point 1 - rendering of project details. IE11, in the client platform, were not set to compatibility mode as required. We fixed that and it now works properly. The attachement problem is not fixed yet though.

Is IE11 supported in 9.30? According to the client team at our site the javascript/html would need some cleanup, it is not build according to standards. I guess that has to be taken care of to support IE11

Thanks for your advice
Johan
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Johan,

Yes, PPM 9.30 is supported for Internet Explorer 11.

Regards,

“HP Support
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like to raise this issue again, well this part:

"2) Attaching a file to the references section works fine. But when clicking the file to download, it cant resolve the name of the file properly, instead it uses a hash of the file as suggested file name."

Were now on 9.31.0001 and IE11 and thats a supported combo.

Webserver: IIS 7.5.7600.16385

The problem exist in this combo. It works in Chrome and firefox but not in IE11.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Johan

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Johan, 

I found a similar case resported when Downloading Attachments in IE11 : File-name comes as garbage value with no extension. The issue is under investigation and as workaround you can use IE11 in  compatibility mode.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1L57983

Hope this helped you.

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks but 9.31 have support for IE11?, we dont want to run in compatibility mode.

I assume HP is correcting this ASAP?

Johan

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Johan, 

The defect is in action , we can expect that R&D is going to fix this soon and as workaround is to run it in compatibility mode.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello johan,

R&D was working on this issue and there is already a hotfix . Please send me an email and I will more than glad to help you.

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.