arputh Contributor.
Contributor.

IndexOutOfBoundsException when retrieving Table data with DemandService Web Services

I get an out of IndexOutOfBoundsException when I execute the DemandService Web Services to get table component information. I first thought it was my own code and copies the example from the DMOperationTest.java. I still get an error.

The error message:

run:
Nov 29, 2014 1:23:11 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine prepareRepository
INFO: no services directory found under C:\Users\Admin\SkyDrive\Documents\NetBeansProjects\VcFinancialAutomation
Nov 29, 2014 1:23:11 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
INFO: Deploying module : addressing-1.1
Nov 29, 2014 1:23:12 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
INFO: Deploying module : rampart-1.1
FM serviceURL: http://dppm11.vodacom.corp:8082/itg/ppmservices/FinanceService
<< Reading the financial summary of Project ID: 42955 >>
- contains 5 of Cost Line(s)
The PO Number: 1501023416
The PO Number: 1500996698
No RFE Number captured
The RFE Number: 67403
The RFE Number: 67405
Nov 29, 2014 1:23:16 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine prepareRepository
INFO: no services directory found under C:\Users\Admin\SkyDrive\Documents\NetBeansProjects\VcFinancialAutomation
Nov 29, 2014 1:23:16 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
INFO: Deploying module : addressing-1.1
Nov 29, 2014 1:23:16 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
INFO: Deploying module : rampart-1.1
DM serviceURL: http://dppm11.vodacom.corp:8082/itg/ppmservices/DemandService
Get Request
Request ID: 63962
Table component fields: 5
    --
    Token: REQD.VP.LIST_MEASURE
    Content:
            T.LIST_MEASURE.MEASURE    T.LIST_MEASURE.MEASURE_DESCRIPTION    T.LIST_MEASURE.BYWHEN    
            ----------------------    ----------------------------------    ---------------------    
    --
    Token: REQD.VP.KEY_MEASURES
    Content:
            T.KEY_MEASURES.MEASUREMENT    T.KEY_MEASURES.MEASURE_TARGET    T.KEY_MEASURES.TARGET_MONTH    T.KEY_MEASURES.PERCENTAGE    T.KEY_MEASURES.ACT_COMPLETE    T.KEY_MEASURES.BYWHEN    
            --------------------------    -----------------------------    ---------------------------    -------------------------    ---------------------------    ---------------------    
    --
    Token: REQD.VP.VENDORS
    Content:
            T.VENDORS.COMPANY    T.VENDORS.CONTACT_NME    T.VENDORS.CONTACT_TEL    
            -----------------    ---------------------    ---------------------    
    --
    Token: REQD.VP.DAC_CERT
    Content:
            T.DAC_CERT.RFE_NUMBER    T.DAC_CERT.PONUM    T.DAC_CERT.RECEIPT_DATE    T.DAC_CERT.RECEIPT_AMT    T.DAC_CERT.DESCP    T.DAC_CERT.CONTRACT_AMOUNT    T.DAC_CERT.RECEIPT_NO    T.DAC_CERT.PO_FINAL_AMOUNT    T.DAC_CERT.VENDOR    T.DAC_CERT.PAYMENT_TERMS    T.DAC_CERT.RFE_REQ_ID    
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
    at com.mercury.itg.ws.dm.client.impl.ColumnImpl.getValuesArray(ColumnImpl.java:57)
    at corp.vodacom.vprompt.fin.automation.FinancialProjectTables.getCashFlowTable(FinancialProjectTables.java:91)
    at corp.vodacom.vprompt.fin.automation.FinancialAutomation.main(FinancialAutomation.java:29)
            ---------------------    ----------------    -----------------------    ----------------------    ----------------    --------------------------    ---------------------    --------------------------    -----------------    ------------------------    ---------------------    
            63964    1501023416    Java Result: 1
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 5 seconds)

Attached please find the java file and it is the "getCashFlowTable" method that throws an error.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Alfred Puth
PPM Consultant
EOH Application Management
0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException when retrieving Table data with DemandService Web Services

Hi Alfred Puth,

Could you tell me which version PPM are you using ?

I recommend you to execute the following steps and then try again:

1) Stop the server.

2) Delete tmp and work and run kJSPCompiler.sh. Delete the two directories \server<\\tmp and \server\\work (file://tmp%20and%20/server/work)>
Note: Repeat for all servers (nodes)
Note: Do not back these directories up as they will be re-created when the PPM instance is started.

3) Go to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/log and re-name the serverLog.txt file. This will allow for a clean log to review.
Note: Repeat for all servers (nodes)

4) Restart server

5) Run kRunCacheManager.sh -A (clear all cache).

6) Clear ALL cache and history in Internet Explorer
If you have clustering, please repeat this for the entire nodes.

7) Clear the Client Java cache.
Start --> Control Panel --> Java --> Temporary Internet Files --> Delete Files

😎 Also clear the client-side Java Virtual Machine(JVM) Cache. (Control Panel -> Java Plug-in -> Cache Tab -> 'Clear'). Do so for ALL Java Plug-ins installed.

Hope this helps.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jim Esler Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException when retrieving Table data with DemandService Web Services

I am always curious about step 5) Run kRunCacheManager.sh -A (clear all cache) after step 4) Restart server. The cache that is being cleared is stored in memory and is discarded when the server is stopped. When the server is started, it has an empty cache. This seems like a waste of time.

0 Likes
arputh Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi vinhloc81,

I have followed the steps as provided by you and rerun the process with same result.

We are on 9.22 and I get the error when running from my IDE (Netbeans 7.4). I am still in the development phase and have not put the classes on the server.

It seems that the "IndexOutOfBoundsException" only happens when there's content in the table.

My current workaround is using sql queries in the java classes to get the information from the table components.

Regards,

Alfred Puth
PPM Consultant
EOH Application Management
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, I don't have any answer on the table component issue, but I wanted to confirm that Jim is absolutely right when he tells that flushing all caches after restarting PPM server makes no sense and can thus safely be ignored.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.