Trusted Contributor.. esb2290 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Integrating PPM Center with an LDAP Server

Hi,

We have current LDAP Server integrated with our PPM Server 9.12, so we want to add another LDAP Server. It's it possible to intgerate another LDAP Server and how many LDAP server we can ingtegrate? The OS of our PPM server is in Linux.

Thanks,

esb2290

0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Integrating PPM Center with an LDAP Server

Hi esb2290,

According to the PPM9.10 Installation_and_Administration_Guide, I would say we are able to integrate with another ldap servers.

You can find following description in Page 209.

PPM Center can handle multiple domains during LDAP authentication. To configure this feature, you add the server configuration parameter LDAP_URL_FULL to the server.conf file. 

The values for the LDAP_URL_FULL parameter include a space-delimited (not comma-delimited) list of full LDAP URLs. Each LDAP URL must specify a base distinguished name (DN), which is used in place of the LDAP_BASE_DN server configuration parameter.

Example of how to set the LDAP_URL_FULL parameter:

com.kintana.core.server.LDAP_URL_FULL=ldap://<Host>.<Your_
Domain>.com/CN=Users,DC=<Your_Domain>,DC=com ldap://
<Host>.<Your_Domain>.com/OU=Users2,DC=<Your_Domain>,DC=com

Disabling the LDAP_URL parameter
If you add the LDAP_URL_FULL parameter to the server.conf file, make sure that you comment out the LDAP_URL parameter. The LDAP_URL parameter supersedes the LDAP_URL_FULL parameter so that, if both are specified in the
server.conf file, PPM Center uses the value set for LDAP_URL. If the URLs provided for LDAP_URL_FULL do not have a DN value, PPM Center uses the value set for LDAP_BASE_DN.

To specify a space character inside of a URL, use the URL-encoding scheme, and
replace the space with %20. For example, if you have an organizational unit called My
Org Unit, then specify My%20Org%20Unit in the LDAP URL.

About how many LDAP server we can ingtegrate ?  As I know. There is no limitation for this.

I've attached the guide PPM9.10 Installation_and_Administration_Guide for you.

Hope this help.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes

Hi esb2290,

Please let me know my answer helped you ?

Thanks.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes

Hi esb2290,

My answer helped you ?

Thanks.

“HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.