Highlighted
arputh Contributor.
Contributor.

Integration process for Microsoft SQL server using PPM Web services give Login error

A Special Command has been setup “sc_run_eiti_irfs_interface” which does the following action: ksc_local_exec sh ./interfaces/EITI_IRFS/bin/runInterface.sh ./interfaces/EITI_IRFS [AS.BASE_URL] -jdbc jdbc:sqlserver://zamdh20106.vodacom.corp:1423;databaseName=ppm;selectMethod=cursor -dbUser ppm -dbPassword !Qazxsw2

This executes the java classes that need to connect to the MS SQL Database and then create new Requests through the web services. This process worked fine without errors.

The above process worked but we needed to make a change to the java classes to add more information to the request type from the MS SQL data base. This was done by using the Eclipse IDE. The process was tested on laptop via Eclipse without errors. The changes were uploaded to the Development server but we receive a MS SQL Login error:

**********************************************************************************************************************

jdbcURL: jdbc:sqlserver://zamdh20106.vodacom.corp:1423;databaseName=ppm;selectMethod=cursor

dbUser: ppm

---------------------------------------------------------

May 8, 2013 7:12:23 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine prepareRepository

INFO: no services directory found under /apps/ppmadmin/ppm/dev/interfaces/EITI_IRFS

May 8, 2013 7:12:25 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy

INFO: Deploying module : rampart-1.1

May 8, 2013 7:12:25 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy

INFO: Deploying module : addressing-1.1

Imported interrupted due to error:

Login failed for user 'ppm'. ClientConnectionId:c266580f-4cb9-4eec-9672-3ac3d5a45617

------------------------------------------------------

exit code = 1

Errors occurred during command execution.

*******************************************************************************************************************

We have stopped and started the Development environment, changed the java class name and changed the MS SQL password but still get this error on the server only. The error is the same on Testing and Sandbox environment thus I am sure  I am doing something wrong when I deploy to the Development environment.

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Alfred Puth
PPM Consultant
EOH Application Management
0 Likes
2 Replies
Established Member.. Iliev
Established Member..

Re: Integration process for Microsoft SQL server using PPM Web services give Login error

Hi Alfred,

Here are the steps how to log debug information about web services:
1. Open the /conf/logging.conf file for edit.
2. Change the logging threshold by verifying (or modifying) the followingsetting: com.kintana.core.logging.SYSTEM_THRESHOLD = DEBUG If you change the value, make note of its current setting.
3. Enable the logging level for Web services by adding (or modifying) the following setting. com.kintana.core.logging.PRODUCT_FUNCTION_LOGGING_LEVEL=com.mercury.itg.ws, DEBUG
4. Save and close the logging.conf file.
You should be able to see the "Debug" info in serverLog.txt file.

Are you using windows domain account instead of a native database account?

What exactly was changed before it stopped working?

Best Regards,

Iliya

0 Likes
arputh Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Integration process for Microsoft SQL server using PPM Web services give Login error

Hi Iliya,

Thanks, I have set the debug and the attached serverLog.txt file give me information which does not really reference to to process I was running.

We use a native db password which work fine via Eclipse IDE or SQuirreL SQL Client.

I changed the request type name in the java class and added a column in the select statement as well as adding the column data to a request field. (I copied a request type thus the tokens did not change and thus I reused the same java class.

I uploaded the class using WinSCP to the dev environment. Rerun the execution step with the special command and login error occured. I made a backup of the full directory and copied everything to the dev server. Rerun and same error.

I tested the in UAt and Sandbox and same error.

Thanks,

Alfred Puth
PPM Consultant
EOH Application Management
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.