bitDoctor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it possible to create a custom attribute in a PPM Work Item?

I need to add a custom field/attribute to a Task WorkItem and be able to access it progamatically.  Can anyone tell me if that is possible?

Doc

0 Likes
1 Reply
Kevin Dwyer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it possible to create a custom attribute in a PPM Work Item?

You can create a piece of user data for a task.  These can be updated in the scheduling view of the workplan or on a separate tab on the task itself.  As far as accessing programmatically, from a reporting perspective this data is stored in the wp_user_data table, so it's easy enough to pull the data.  I don't think there is an easy way to update this data without going into the workplan though.  Hope this helps.

Kevin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.