Super Contributor.. JodieOndrejka Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Is there a way to flag when the Project Manager participants have changed in a Project?

Jump to solution

We have a required field defined on our Project Details tab for a Primary Project Manager.  The need for this field is due to having 1 project manager identified as 'owning' the project since the Project Manager Particpants can have many project managers listed.

Is there a way of having some type of OnChange event occur so that a message can be displayed to the user that they also must update the Primary Project Manager field?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. parijatp Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Is there a way to flag when the Project Manager participants have changed in a Project?

Jump to solution

Hello

I assume Project Manager field and Project Participants tab are auto connected, if you add or remove from either of them, it will auto update the other.

In your case, if you edit the Project Manager field in the details, it will again remove the the user from the project participants (PM section) as well.

Thanks

5 Replies
Kardan08
New Member.

Re: Is there a way to flag when the Project Manager participants have changed in a Project?

Jump to solution

Hello, I hope you are fine, 

"

Is there a way to flag when the Project Manager participants have changed in a Project?

-you can be using rules in the Request Type you have, you can be using rule event especially the once about "Apply on field change" i think it will be helping you here. 

Is there a way of having some type of OnChange event occur so that a message can be displayed to the user that they also must update the Primary Project Manager field?

- I am trying to understand your expectations here, i think you wants a display a message to the user every time he opens or see the Primary Project Manager field, if this is your target, you may be usign:

Rule events: 

-Apply on page load 

-Apply before save 

You can be using one of the options i mentioned. 

I really hope it helps you, 

Thank you for your time here 🙂  

Have a nice day 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Ariel_V_PPM Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think the rule as Kardan08 said is the better option to do that,

Let us know if this information was helpful for you!

Greetings!

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

There is no OnChangeEvent that occurs since the Project Manager field is read-only on the Project Details Tab.  I have not found any event that occurs when you add/remove a Project Manager via the Particpants.

I was hoping to keep it simple and have the event of the Project Manager read-only field changing (which is populated by PPM when the participants change) as the trigger for a message to the user to check the Primary Project Manager field.  Otherwise things get very complicated with using the OnPageLoad trigger.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. parijatp Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello

I assume Project Manager field and Project Participants tab are auto connected, if you add or remove from either of them, it will auto update the other.

In your case, if you edit the Project Manager field in the details, it will again remove the the user from the project participants (PM section) as well.

Thanks

Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

THANK YOU!  You gave me the idea of checking the settings on the Project Manager field itself and low and behold it was set to Display Only.  I've since changed that and now I have everything I need. 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.