Absent Member.. Mohit_Agrawal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Issue with approving time

Hi All,

It's happening to a user that when he has only 4 direct reportees. [he is default time approver for all 4]

When he goes to Open -> Time Mgmt -> Time Sheets -> Approve Time

then

1) time sheets are listed for only 2 of the direct reportees

2) the time sheets of the resources that report of those 4 users also get listed

I checked there is no delegation for any.

Any idea why would this happen?

Thanks

Mohit

0 Likes
2 Replies
Established Member.. Utkarsh_Mishra
Established Member..

Re: Issue with approving time

Along with default TM approver, the time also matters. Internally PPM store the approver and respective period (TS line ID) in a table and based on that the approvers are dervived for TS lines.

So who ever was set as default time approver for that particaulr week/period will be able to approve the lines.

In addition to this, based on the grants the billing approver/groups can also approve the timesheet. Check thes seetings as well.

To validate, always check TM_USERS_TIME_APPROVERS table.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Mohit_Agrawal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Issue with approving time

Hi Utkarsh,

I checked in the table TM_USERS_TIME_APPROVERS. There is only one approver for a particular time sheet line ID but the approve actions are available to 2nd level manager and even to me (admin) for some resources where I added myself in the delegation but then removed after sometime.

Actually We have set up a new resource A whose time approver is B. and B's approver is C.

When A submitted the time sheet then why it shows in the queue of C to approve the time?

I checked that lines to be approved are not for a project where manager is C [in case projetc managers are allowed to approve time]

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.