Absent Member.. Irniey_Azura Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Issue with list of resources

Hi All, 

I have issue with list of resources. when i try to search name to add resources under task, name is missing. for what my understanding as a admin you can see all list of resources. i have about 262 user, but only 105 is appear. please help me. tq.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Issue with list of resources

Hi,

If you are talking about assigning a resource to a task in the PPM work plan, then you have to keep in mind two "default" constraints: You can only pick a resource if it is either assigned in the staffing profile of that project, or if it is in a resource pool of which you are the manager. 

If you want to be able to pick any resource and assign it to a task, then go to the admin console, in menu "Application Configuration", and set the parameter RM_OVERRIDE_ASSIGNMENT_CONTROLS to true (then restart PPM). But only do that if you are willing to shortcut the Resource Management good practice that imply that a resource should first be assigned to the staffing profile of a project before being able to work on that project. That is a weakening of the resource management governance process, but if that's what floats your boat, so be it 🙂

Thanks,

Etienne.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.