SudeepSP Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

JBoss upgrade in HP PPM

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using PPM 9.14 for my deployments. The JBoss version used currently for PPM 9.14 is  JBoss version: 4.0.5.GA . As per my company audit policy I need to upgrade my JBoss current version to JBoss 5.x / 6.x / 7.x / Wildfly (8.x). 

Please let me know if any impact in upgrading the JBoss for PPM 9.14, also the link with  steps and document for the same. 

Note: I will also upgrade my PPM to 9.22 in another 3 months.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: JBoss upgrade in HP PPM

Jump to solution

Hi,

JBoss is tightly integrated with PPM 9.1X and 9.2X and cannot be upgraded or replaced by another application server. You should think of PPM as a black box, from which internal components are not to be modified by PPM admins.

Your only option is to upgrade to PPM 9.30 in which JBoss has been removed and replaced by Tomcat 7.0.42.

This is a very impacting change and there's no plan to do the same with PPM 9.1X or 9.2X.

Kind Regards,
Etienne.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

JBoss is tightly integrated with PPM 9.1X and 9.2X and cannot be upgraded or replaced by another application server. You should think of PPM as a black box, from which internal components are not to be modified by PPM admins.

Your only option is to upgrade to PPM 9.30 in which JBoss has been removed and replaced by Tomcat 7.0.42.

This is a very impacting change and there's no plan to do the same with PPM 9.1X or 9.2X.

Kind Regards,
Etienne.

0 Likes
SudeepSP Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you Etienne .

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.