Frequent Contributor.. hyllplan Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Legacy Staffing Profile in 931.0002

Hi

Is it possible to have the legacy Staffing Profile as the user Default?

E.g. the first thing that is presented to the user?

We dont want to implement a need for toggle from new gant to legacy table. We would like the other way around.

Regards

Johan

0 Likes
5 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Legacy Staffing Profile in 931.0002

Hi Johan, 

Version 9.31 introduced a new parameter, ENABLE_STAFFING_PROFILE_LEGACY_VIEW.
With this parameter available, you can decide whether or not you want these two views of the Staffing
Profile page to be displayed in two separate pages. You can configure this parameter in the
Administration Console.

Hope this helped you.

Best Regards,

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Hi cGut

ENABLE_STAFFING_PROFILE_LEGACY_VIEW=true enables a button. You can click the button to get to the legacy sp view. This is the extra click I would like to avoíd.

I want to the legacy view to be the default view.

Regards

Johan

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Johan,

There is no setting for defaulting to Legacy Staffing profile UI.

Could you kindly help me understand the challenges you are having with New UI?

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Johan, 

I was testing this and seems if you left the staffing profile in legacy view, when you come back to this staffing profile, the view needs to be the same according to the latest view that you worked.  As workarund, do not change the view so the legacy staffing profile is saved. 

Let me know if this helped you.  

Best Regards, 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Hi CyCLoPs

The challenges we experience are for instance:

- vertical/horizontal summaries are not implemented

- export to excel is not implemented

- pedagogic complexity (as we need the legacy sp as well)

- from search staffing profile you end up in the legacy sp (if I remember correctly)

Users will need to go to staffing profile and click the table button to get to another staffing profile to look at summaries and do exports. When they click done at this point they will not get back to their project, they will get redirected to some other former place, seems to be another bug, ppm cant keep track of the session properly when navigating in those new tabs. 

Our business do think that PPM is not that pedagogic and that they have to click back and forth a lot loosing their focus on the actual work. This new staffing profile will at this point not make it easier for us to sell it to the business.

Im sure that HP will improve the SP but very often HP tend to release stuff that isnt ready for production. A product can be really nice but when fundamental things are lacking it gets really cumbersome for ppm-admin, business and probably HP as well. As another example was IE11 that was supported starting 9.3, my opionion is that it was not ready and the patches delivered are workarounds setting the application in compatible mode.

Although I must say something positive as well. I really like this forum and appreciate that HP represantatives and other PPM users are responsive and help each other out.

Thanks and have a nice day

Johan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.