Absent Member.. Cords Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Linking Project Task and Request

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like to know if it’s possible to change the “Project Task Status” automatically.

In the screenshots, I have a “Workflow” and I have a “Project with configure Work Plan”. You will see that every workflow steps there is equivalent task on the project. Now every change that I made on the “Request” should automatically change the status of the Task on the Project. Is this possible?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. favdjiev Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Linking Project Task and Request

Jump to solution

Hi,

I found the following special command, available in the Workbench -> Configuration -> Special commands -

ksc_update_workplan_status

However it will change the status of the entire workplan, so I'm afraid there isn't currently any supported. option to change automatically the status of a particular task.

It might be possible to achieve this using an SQL script, however this particular question is outside the scope of the technical support.

Best Regards,
Filip
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. favdjiev Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I found the following special command, available in the Workbench -> Configuration -> Special commands -

ksc_update_workplan_status

However it will change the status of the entire workplan, so I'm afraid there isn't currently any supported. option to change automatically the status of a particular task.

It might be possible to achieve this using an SQL script, however this particular question is outside the scope of the technical support.

Best Regards,
Filip
0 Likes
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is a web service that can help you out to update the status of the root task it is called "updateWorkPlanStatus", but it is just the root task.

If you want to change the status of the tasks that are not root ones, You have to do it from the back end, running a script from the workflow step. We actually do not recommend to do this back end updates, because they can cause you data corruptions.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

We'd like to know if you find any helpful answer on this thread or if you still have questions.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have not heard back from you in a while, so we will mark this thread as an accepted solution.

Feel free to open a new forum thread if need further assistance or let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.