Absent Member.. saas_rebecca Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Log a Project Action directly from the project

We have a request type that we call 'Project Action' that we use for decisions concerning a specific project.

Currently we go to 'Create' -> 'Request' -> 'Other types' -> select the 'Project Action' request type and click 'Create'. On the Create New Project Action page we choose which project the decision is for, from an autocomplete list. When all the required fields are filled we then create the Project Action.

Instead we want to create a Project Action directly from the specific project. In a manner just like the "Log Issue/Risk' buttons in the portlets on the summary tab. What are the possibilities or impossibilities for this?

Best Regards,

Rebecca

0 Likes
4 Replies
Established Member.. Iliev
Established Member..

Re: Log a Project Action directly from the project

Hi Rebecca,

I am not sure that this is currently possible in the way it is described.

An option may be to customize your workflow and to have a workflow buttons for this (Maybe parallel steps at one point and execution step that may create such requests or something else).

Best Regards,

Iliya

0 Likes
bl1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Creating the project action from the references section where you can control the type of relationship doesn't work? If not, you will need to do something similar to what was previously suggested with the workflow. The button could be an execution step that is labeled, "Create Action Item" or something similar.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Iliya,

We tried it with the workflow and that works but we were hoping we could keep it seperate from the workflow.

Best Regards,

Rebecca

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello bl1,

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this functionality.

Unfortunately when I try using it with the Project Action request type or any other like the Project Risk, when clicking Submit I get an error saying 'Entity not found.'

Best Regards,

Rebecca

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.