MPP error when uploading the work plan into PPM
The user downloaded a work plan template as mpp file.
The user follow the following process to update the offline mpp file and then upload back into PPM:
- The PM updates the schedule offline using the offline templates/ own schedule
- Within summary tab select Edit workplan
- They select schedule tab and actions to delete existing workplan that was auto created / existing
- Within summary tab they select ‘create workplan from mpp file’
They get all the warnings popups and Resource Mapping which they normally don't map.
The one of the following errors are displayed:
Any suggestions or ideas why users will get this error?
This usually happens because PPM cannot read the MPP file as it may be corrupted or cause issues in the library we use to handle MPP files.
There are different options here:
1) Try on a recent PPM version, such as www.ppm-demo.com (ppm 9.60)
You should connect as Joseph Banks (project manager), then create a new project and try to reproduce these steps with your MPP file to see if it works. If it works, upgrade PPM to solve this problem.
2) In Microsoft Project, try saving the file in a different format before uploading it to PPM. If you're in MSP 2016 or 2013, try saving the file in MSP 2007 format and try again. Note that PPM only accepts MPP file in 2007 or later format. However, it may have the same effect to save the file in MSP 2000 or 2003 format, then reopen the file, and then save it in 2007 or later format.
3) If none of these things work, open a ticket with support and make sure to include the server logs as it's where we'll get the important information that'll help us better understand what's wrong.