puthar Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Microsoft Project 2016 MSO version support

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the Microsoft Project integration version support.

The online documentation for 9.42 indicate that MSP 2016 profesional is supported

• Microsoft Office Project Professional 2016 (both 32- and 64-bit)
    (single-user or connected to Microsoft Office Project Server 2016)

The user has Microsoft Project 2016 MSO version:msp clip.JPG

If the MSO version supported because the user is getting an error message:

An error occured when PPM read the file you uploaded. Please ensure that you upload a valid Microsoft Project file with .mpp extention.

Thanks,

Alfred

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Microsoft Project 2016 MSO version support

Hi Alfred,

It should work fine in theory, "MSO" shouldn't impact support for MSP 2016. Maybe there's something in your MPP file that PPM doesn't like. It would help if you could share the following info:

1) MPP file that you're trying to upload to PPM (you can remove any sensitive info before adding the file here)

2) Server logs of when you're trying to upload the MPP file. There should be more details in there, but if we can reproduce the issue with the MPP file we can get the logs ourselves. 

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

0 Likes
puthar Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thanks Etienne.

I only have Microsoft Project Profesional 2013 in my laptop thus can't test it myself. This is one of our customers that experience the issue and I want to determine if it is an issue for all the users in the customer domain or is it a user specific issue.

Will upgrade my msp as soon as possible and test and if there is an problem then I will respond again.

Thanks

Alfred

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alfred,

Your version of MS Project doesn't really matter as long as you can ask that end-user for their MPP file. It may be that they are using an old MPP file in MSP 2000 or MSP 2003 format, or there's something in their MPP file that PPM server doesn't like.

From my experience, it's unlikely to be problematic with a new simple MPP file created from scratch in MSP 2016.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.