DanielJiang Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Migrate PPM 9.32 from Window 2008 to Window 2012

Jump to solution

We are going to migrate our PPM 9.32 from Window 2008 server to a new and separate Window 2012 server.

My question is do I have to install the PPM softer on the new server, or I can just copy the PPM folder from 2008 server to the new 2012 server?

Thanks,

Daniel 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor.. Asphalt09 Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Migrate PPM 9.32 from Window 2008 to Window 2012

Jump to solution

Hello Daniel,

To Migrate an instance from Windows Server 2008 to Windows 2012 you will have to follow the instructions on "Chapter 9:  Migrating Instances" of the Installation and Administration Guide for PPM 9.30. 

Please follow step by step like the guide recommend.

Regards,

0 Likes
4 Replies
Contributor.. Asphalt09 Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Daniel,

To Migrate an instance from Windows Server 2008 to Windows 2012 you will have to follow the instructions on "Chapter 9:  Migrating Instances" of the Installation and Administration Guide for PPM 9.30. 

Please follow step by step like the guide recommend.

Regards,

0 Likes
Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hey Daniel,

You should be able to copy the PPM_HOME directory across after you have Cygwin/SSH/environment vars all set up. The tricky part will be updating your licenses and server.conf if you're not keeping your same IP address.

DanielJiang Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Erik - Thanks! That should save me some time.

About database migration from existing 11g to a new 12c database: PPM support suggested me to migrate 11g to a new 11g database server first, and then upgrade 11g to 12c. I checked the Oracle document that we can use Import & Export to bring data from 11g to 12c database. Have you try this approach? I prefer this approach, but want to see if there could be issue for PPM to use Imp & Exp between dfferent Oracle Releases.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Likes
Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

We upgraded to 12c without migrating. No problems.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.