pepdwill Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Multi-select request header field shows as single select in request type... bug?

Jump to solution

I encountered this today and thought it was strange.

Have a field defined in a Request Type Header with 'Multi-Select Enabled" set to Yes.

When viewing this field from the Request Type that uses the header, the "Multi-Select Enabled" (which is greyed out, since it's from the header) shows as No.

We are on PPM 9.2.

Is there any known issue or bug that could cause this?

I was troubleshooting a different issue when I noticed this - but not sure if this other issue might be related.  (The other issue is that field level security is enabled on the field to make the field visible/editable to Users named in the field itself... but it is not working.)

Thanks,

Danny

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Multi-select request header field shows as single select in request type... bug?

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have found a similar issue reported and seems to be fixed in minor patches for PPM 9.22 release and PPM 9.30.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1L51645

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
6 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Multi-select request header field shows as single select in request type... bug?

Jump to solution

Hello Danny, 

Is this request type OOTB? And also do you have any minor patch applied?

We have a case reported that For request types 'PFM – Project', you cannot set Multi-Select Enabled option for the 'Project Manager' field to Yes.

R&D team provide a hotfix for this issue. it is include in all  9.22 minor patchs:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00451411

Hope this helped you.

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Carolina,

It is not an OOTB request type, and it is not the OOTB Project Manager field.

I've attached two screenshots (one of the field configured in the header, and one showing how it appears in the request type).

Thanks,

Danny

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Danny, 

The multi-select option in the request in PPM is working or it just shows worng in the workbench?

Could you please try to disable the multi-select option in the request headert type, save the changes and then,  enable it again. After this please perform the following:

1) Stop the server.

2) Delete tmp and work and run kJSPCompiler.sh. Delete the two directories \server<\\tmp and \server\\work (file://tmp%20and%20/server/work)>
Note: Repeat for all servers (nodes)
Note: Do not back these directories up as they will be re-created when the PPM instance is started.

3) Go to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/log and re-name the serverLog.txt file. This will allow for a clean log to review.
Note: Repeat for all servers (nodes)

4) Restart server

5) Run kRunCacheManager.sh -A (clear all cache).

6) Clear ALL cache and history in Internet Explorer
If you have clustering, please repeat this for the entire nodes.

7) Clear the Client Java cache.
Start --> Control Panel --> Java --> Temporary Internet Files --> Delete Files

😎 Also clear the client-side Java Virtual Machine(JVM) Cache. (Control Panel -> Java Plug-in -> Cache Tab -> 'Clear'). Do so for ALL Java Plug-ins installed.

Please let me know is this helped you to continue working on this. 

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
0 Likes
Derek Giedd Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

This is definitely a bug.  I have seen this exact behaviour in PPM 9.21.  As a test, I created a new Header Type.  Other than the defaults, the only change I made was to add a new field in the header and make it Multi-Select.  When I created a new Request Type and selected the new Header Type I just created, this field shows Multi-Select Enabled set to No.

This can be easily re-created by following the above steps.  This has nothing to do with the server, IE, or Java cache.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have found a similar issue reported and seems to be fixed in minor patches for PPM 9.22 release and PPM 9.30.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1L51645

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hey Carolina,

Sorry for my delay in responding.  I checked the issue and confirmed that the issue is indeed fixed in 9.31.  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.