UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need Help in Integration of HP PPM with Service Now

I need help in integration of HP PPM with Service Now. I cannot find any details on how to integrate HP PPM with Service now. Your help is highly appreciated,

0 Likes
7 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I had recently done PPM integration with Service Now. Let me know if anyone needs any help.

Using folowing type of services in integration.

• CSV Web services
  • Restful API
  • SOAP API
Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am looking to do the same thing. We are using Change Control and would like to be able to fire off a PPM when the Change Task is fired. Could you give me a little more info on what you did?

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Can you please share more details; from your comments it seems that from Service Now you need to create a change request in PPM?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have to integrate HP PPM with servicenow, PPM has to consume webservice(SOAP or REST) published by servicenow. is this integration possible. 

If yes, can you list me steps how can i achieve it.

Thanks,

Sakshi Arora

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi Utkarsh,

I need to integrate Service Now with HP PPM. I need some help.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Hello Kaushal, you can use the PPM REST/SOAP API to integrate PPM with ServiceNow. Which scenario are you planning to have?

If you want to contact me directly here is my email: silvia.siqueira@microfocus.com.

Happy to help here.

regards, Silvia Siqueira

Sr PPM Product Mkt Mgr

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

We did something similar with ServiceManager and PPM. With the objective of being able to report time on request type changes, we created a link on these in SM. Clicking the link takes the user over to their time sheet in PPM and fills out a new line with the identity of the request change. I did not write this myself, but know that existing web services were used for it and that it is controlled from PPM. The integration comes in two parts: 1 the transfer of all request changes to PPM and 2 the link that takes the user over.

Hope this helps,

/Chris

P.S. I should add that "request type change" is really a service request in ITIL terminology, using the change module in ServiceManager. In case it was confusing... 😃

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.