Absent Member.. Anjaiah Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Need help on ksc_copy_server_server

Hello Team,

I am using "ksc_copy_server_server" to copy the file from one server to another server, however I am using different account which is trying to move the file to destination server.

The source and destination Ids are having same group. Here the file is transferring correctly to destination server but the command is failing with the below error.

"Source SCPClient:Error: transfer failed"

Please suggest on this.

Thanks,

Anjaiah.

0 Likes
7 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Need help on ksc_copy_server_server

Hi Anjaiah,

This a very generic error:

It could be that SCP transfer issue is due to file permissions, please confirm this.

Also, you can set the required configuration items in the profile.

In all source and destination environments the following configuration items need to be set in your $HOME/.bash_profile or $HOME/.profile (UNIX) or cygwin/etc/profile (Cygwin on Microsoft Windows) to avoid SCP transfer failures:

export PS1='$ '
export TERM=dumb
stty cols 999
The "PS1" setting will avoid the possibly having an issue of exceeding command line length restrictions
The "stty cols 999" will avoid the appearance of an exact command length failure
The "TERM" type must be one of the supported types dumb, vt100, or vt220.

Please let me know if this helped you.

Best Regards,
Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Carolina,

Thanks for the information. I have already setup those configuration items in my profile file earlier. I have checked the file permissions as well, the group id having all permissions(777) and both user ids (file and which I am using for sending the file) having same groups.

If file is having permission issue, how the file is transferred to destination server.

Best Regards,
Anjaiah V

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Anjaiah,

Could you tell me which version PPM are you using ?

If you run PPM on Unix system i found something may helpful.

After my investigation I found that it happens on various Unix-like systems, especially where some new version SSH servers are installed on. But this does NOT mean that every server can not execute the command correctly, in contrast most systems can run command successfully, this is just under some specific situations. As far as the essence of the issue, the back slach "\" can NOT be parsed as expected. So in order to solve the problem, we must add an Environment User Data - DISABLE_SCP_FILENAME_QUOTE in the sql seed data. After doing this, scp transfer command can handle slash parse correctly based on the parameter, and finally run successfully. Please make sure you have the Environment settings as per the attached PPM 9.X release document page 398 and verify if the "DISABLE_SCP_FILENAME_QUOTE" in the environment is enabled.

Regards.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. I am using version 8.03 on Linux system.

Please provide me the steps.so I will test it.

Best Regards,
Anjaiah V

0 Likes

Hi,

Please following the steps on the document i have attached for you at page 80.

Hope this help.

“HP Support
0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Anjaiah,

You are using an unsupported Hp PPM version. I would like to recommend you make an upgrade to a supported version. This will give you more benefits because these versions have more fixes and won't give you a lot of problems like older versions. Also you can enjoy more assistance to provide effective and efficient solutions.

If someone can help you with this is very helpful but remember if you have any issue, in side of Hp, does not support this version more.

Thanks in advance for understanding.

Best Regards, 

Carolina.

“HP Support
0 Likes

Hi Anjaiah,

Please let me know my answer helped you ?

Thanks.

“HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.