Established Member.. AlekseyG
Established Member..

Nesting tokens format in UI Rules

Jump to solution

Hello! 

My question is about request's UI rules. 

I want to use Nesting Explicit Entity Token format in the rule with "internal" token presented in Rule Dependencies list. 

For example [REQ='[REQ.P.CUSTOM_FIELD]'.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN]. 

But I can't add such rules because [REQ.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN] isn't defined in Rule Dependencies list. 

Is there a way to resolve the issue? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason Nichols K Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Nesting tokens format in UI Rules

Jump to solution
I think the long and the short of it is that the nesting tokens that are available in execution step cannot be used in Rules, and this is by design. The Rule SQL section will only translate tokens that are included in the Dependencies section, with some system level token exceptions.

If you have the Request ID of the project you are looking for, why don't just use run this sql to get the project id:

select prj_project_id from kcrt_fg_pfm_project where request_id = [REQ.P.CUSTOM_FIELD]
13 Replies
Sharon_Han Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

The token should be "[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN]". The field name refering to this token is "Project:" .

Get more from attachment.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Sharon!

The point is that:

1) I configure this rule for request (not for project) so i don't have "Project" field.

2) I want to get Project ID of the project whose Request ID is stored in [REQ.P.CUSTOM_FIELD] of current request.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. favdjiev Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just to confirm - you need to specify to which kind/group of tokens you're referring to, and whether the referred entity is visible ot hidden.

Best Regards,
Filip

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Filip!

I want to use [REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN] token which belongs to Portfolio Management Project group of Request Field Tokens.

But i want to resolve it from request type UI Rule (the request type doesn't have PFM Project Field group containing field with this token) providing a specific context value for request_id.

0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hopefully I understood the issue correctly, because I did some researching and I think you are looking for something like this format:

[REQ="30006".CREATED_BY]

Try hardcoding the values first to get the functionality you are looking for and see if that works as expected.

Then can try using a Token inside the Token if you would like, which would look something like this:

[WF=“[PKG=“10203”.WORKFLOW_NAME]”.DESCRIPTION]

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Mike!

The token I want to use - [REQ='[REQ.P.CUSTOM_FIELD]'.P.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN] - is being resolved correctly when i use it in execution step command for example.

But i want to use it in Request Type UI Rule and my request type doesn't contain PFM Project field group so there is no field with such token ([REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN]) that i can add to Dependencies section of RULE. Consequently i can't add an expression with "KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN" in Logic section.

That's the issue.

0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Add a Field to the Request Type to use that new Token instead as a placeholder? Reference a Request that does have the Token?

Sounds like PPM is working as expected if that Token is not present, so this would probably fall under an Enhancement Request.

What is the "business need"? Trying to figure out why you would need to reference a Token in a Request Type Rule when that Token is not even in the Request Type.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hello!

The business need is very simple. 

Being within my current request I know some project's request id (it's stored in custom parameter) and i want to get its project ID.  

0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi!

I was going through the old Threads and saw this one (sorry about the delay).

One thing I was thinking is that a "PRJD." Token could be used as this is available for Parameter Format.

Can try sticking that Project's Request ID in to a Field, and then reference that Field. See if that does the trick.

-Mike

“HP Support
0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Mike!

Honestly, i can't understand)

In Rules I can't use tokens which aren't presented in my current request type. So i can't use PRJD.* token.

My initial question was whether it's possible to use nesting tokens in request type rules?

I see that it's impossible and want to know if it's by design or it's the error.

Thats it. 

0 Likes
Jason Nichols K Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I think the long and the short of it is that the nesting tokens that are available in execution step cannot be used in Rules, and this is by design. The Rule SQL section will only translate tokens that are included in the Dependencies section, with some system level token exceptions.

If you have the Request ID of the project you are looking for, why don't just use run this sql to get the project id:

select prj_project_id from kcrt_fg_pfm_project where request_id = [REQ.P.CUSTOM_FIELD]
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Oh ok, I understand (sorry about that, it had been a while).

Jason is correct as the UI Rules will be based on what is in the Page (in the past there have been issues where Fields are Hidden with the Status Dependencies or Field Level Security and this would throw off the UI Rules the same way).

So as a workaround, have a Request Field in the Request Type that will store the Project's Field as can use the Explicit Entity Format in commands to populate this Field at some point prior to using the page with the UI Rule.

-Mike

“HP Support
0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks guys!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.