Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Notification Link - Open Project in "Project Details" Tab

Jump to solution

We have added e-mail notifications to our Project Workflows which include a direct link to the associated project, coded as follows:  <td class="notificationtext">Please click on this link ([REQ.REQUEST_ID_LINK]) to review Project Details.

This works fine, however Project Managers are requesting that we modify this link such that the project opens in the "Project Details" tab; currently the project opens in the "Project Summary" tab.

Is there any way to accommodate this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I finally got this to work by using the REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN token instead of REQ.Request_ID.  Thanks for all your direction.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

I searched through the Support Database and found an Enhancement Request that looks the same: QCCR1L37179

So for now, the design is just to open on the Project Overview tab.

Probably have to do a custom solution where you build the URL manually:

http://<BASE_URL parameter>/itg/project/ViewProject.do?projectId=<Project's ID; different thatn Project No.>&projectView=projectDetails

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

We have devised a solution for this by creating / populating a new URL field on the Request Type, and referencing that field on the notification link.  This looks like it will work however we cannot figure out how to populate the URL with the required projectID.  Here is the current SQL code which populates it with the Request_ID, which provides the wrong link.

SELECT '[AS.BASE_URL]project/ViewProject.do?projectId=[REQ.REQUEST_ID]&projectView=projectDetails&IS_WINDOID=N'

FROM DUAL

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
When attempting to use other Token references in this SQL, we get the following error:
"Rule SQL contains invalid token(s). Tokens allowed are system tokens [SYS.*], application server tokens [AS.*], and tokens of fields defined in the Rule Dependencies list. (KNTA-10561)"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Yes, the Project's "Project ID" will be different than the Project's Request's "Request ID".

So I believe you will want to use the PRJ Prefix to get the "PROJECT_ID" Token.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
We tried that and get the following error:
"Rule SQL contains invalid token(s). Tokens allowed are system tokens [SYS.*], application server tokens [AS.*], and tokens of fields defined in the Rule Dependencies list. (KNTA-10561)"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Try using KM755729

It mentions using Token [P.ENTITY_ID] to get the project_id from the Project Summary page.

It is for a Portlet, though may be will work in your case.

-Mike

“HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
I get the same error.

It appears to have something to do with defining the tokens I use in the SQL in a Rules Dependencies List. Do you know what this is, and how to define tokens in it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I found an Enhancement Request that looks related to what you are trying to do:

QCCR1L32002: Rules should not be limited to Tokens that are Dependency Fields

Try adjusting the Rule in a way where the Project ID Field is listed in the Dependency section (or create a Field where can store the Project ID so it can be added to the Dependency Fields).

Then see if the error goes away.

-Mike

“HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I finally got this to work by using the REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_PLAN token instead of REQ.Request_ID.  Thanks for all your direction.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.