Captain Captain
Captain

OOTB Request List Portlet for Program has Excel export Error

Good day

We have a shared portlet using the OOTB Java Request List portlet with a Program Request type as advanced filter to display all the required fields on this Program Request Type:

puthar_1-1587398813140.png

The portlet display fine but when exporting to excel, the excel file is still exported to .xls format and when opening the excel file, getting this message.

puthar_0-1587398670090.png

Clicking Yes open a empty excel file.

Any reason why this happens with Program Request Types.

The OOTB Java Request List portlet display all othe request types without any issue.

Regards,

Alfred Puth

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alfred,

I can't reproduce this on 9.60, please check here:

https://public.ppm-demo.com/itg/dashboard/app/portal/PageView.jsp?pageId=1054965760&USERNAME=csayer&PASSWORD=mfDemo$20

Both portlets will export as XLSX. 

If I recall correctly, the request list portlet will automatically fallback to XLS export when it detects fields that include HTML and cannot be exported properly to XLSX. Do you have any such fields in your Program Request List portlet?

Alternatively, feel free to make changes to portlets in the link above until you can reproduce the issue. Maybe I'm missing something.

Cheers,

Etienne.

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Etienne,

I found the issue, was a data issue.

User copied to a Currency field and was saved incorrectly in the database.

Thanks again for you assistance.

Regards,

Alfred

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.