Absent Member.. philipwood Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Obtaining ALM software for Integrating HP PPM 9.12 and ALM 11 SP2 (ppm-910-ALM.jar)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to setup integration between ALM 11 SP2 and HP PPM 9.12.

Where can I obtain the ALM software (ppm-910-ALM.jar) - as described in the HP Solution Integrations Guide - for download?

This is for use with HP PPM 9.12.

I've logged a call, but I was hoping for something a bit faster

🙂 - (trying to prepare for a customer demo)

Kind Regards

Philip Wood

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor.. Pogonchev Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Obtaining ALM software for Integrating HP PPM 9.12 and ALM 11 SP2 (ppm-910-ALM.jar)

Jump to solution

Hi Philip,

All PPM installation files are available on the software support site:

https://h20575.www2.hp.com/usbportal/softwareupdate.do

On the "Get Software" tab, select "HP PPM 9.10 Eng SW E-Media" software group, then "Application Lifecycle Management 9.10 ( T5570-15078.iso )", ppm-910-ALM.jar is in there 🙂

Regards,

Nikola

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
12 Replies
Honored Contributor..

Re: Obtaining ALM software for Integrating HP PPM 9.12 and ALM 11 SP2 (ppm-910-ALM.jar)

Jump to solution

Hi Philip,

All PPM installation files are available on the software support site:

https://h20575.www2.hp.com/usbportal/softwareupdate.do

On the "Get Software" tab, select "HP PPM 9.10 Eng SW E-Media" software group, then "Application Lifecycle Management 9.10 ( T5570-15078.iso )", ppm-910-ALM.jar is in there 🙂

Regards,

Nikola

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm doing the same on an 9.14 instance now.

I see in the 9.14 release notes that the interation has been updated

and installing the 9.10 plugin fails with the message:

ERROR: /apps/ppmadmin/ppm/sandbox/ppm-914-ALM.jar does not exist.
Patch cannot be applied.

I've looked for the ppm-914-ALM.jar file on the update site, but have expereinced no joy.

I've also tried the patch site.

Where does one find ppm-914-ALM.jar?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Philip Wood

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Philip,

Perhaps PPM is looking for the wrong name of the file, there is no new version for 9.14 as far as I am aware.

Please try to rename ppm-910-ALM.jar to ppm-914-ALM.jar and run kDeploy.sh again.

Alternatively, try to run kDeploy.sh without any options and wait for it to create the list of deployments available, then select ALM (i.e. "1) ALM").

Regards,

Nikola

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

The 9.10 jar does work.

The problem was caused by filename mangling when extracting the iso on linux.

When I extracted it using another mechanism everything worked fine.

Regards

Philip Wood

0 Likes
Absent Member.. sdef Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

What do you mean "another mechanism".

have you extracted the ppm-910-ALM.jar outside linux?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I didn't have the permissions to mount the ISO on the PPM linux server and tried to use isoinfo as described in:
http://superuser.com/questions/180744/how-do-i-extract-an-iso-on-linux-without-root-access

I finally started up a VM -in VMWare, mounted the volume and copied the file from there.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I have deployed the 910 jar now in PPM 9.12, the templates are now in the list.

But when i tried the integration itself, it didn't work. Im stack in step7 Failure,

Are there things to do or to check after the jar file is installed, im done mapping the fields but the request i made in ppm doesn't reflect to ALM.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
A bit more detail, please.

You are using PPM 9.12. (good, 9.14 is slightly different).
What ALM version are you integrating with 10 or 11?

What step seven are you referring to?
The procedure described in: HP Solution Integrations Guide?
What section or page?

What error message are you experiencing when step 7 fails?
Are there any error messages in the logs?
etc.

Regards

Philip Wood
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Philip,

I am able to integrate PPM 9.12 and ALM 11.0 now.

That is from PPM request to ALM defect.

But when i try the other integration option which is creating a defect in ALM creates a request in PPM, this does not work. Im not sure why.. is there any other configuration for this to work???

PPM to ALM  (ok!) 🙂

ALM to PPM (not ok!) 😞

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Cords Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Feds,

Try to check if the user groups of the user in PPM has administrator rights...

Thanks

Cords 😄

0 Likes
Absent Member.. xonfox Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Good day! So what about ver. 12.00 of HP ALM? No such .jar files > all files packed in installer(

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Xonfor,

There is no ppm-912-ALM.jar so far. File ppm-910-ALM.jar, it can be used with the integration between 9.1x and ALM 11.0.

Best Regards,
Carolina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.