Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.
638 views

PPM 9.14 - Timesheet notifications are not going out

The timesheet notification service is up and running fine.  But the email notification is not going out.  It was set up correctly in the Timesheet policy too.  Until last month it was going smoothly.  Nothing went into PRODUCTION after that.  It didn't go this month as expected.  The next run is set for 1st day of the moth.  I need to correct it before.

 

Can someone please suggest me.  I cleared all the caches and restarted the nodes.  Still same.  

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I don't know if this will work in your case but when I had an issue with notifications not going out I had to stop the service and restart it and it solved the problem.

 

Just a thought

Mig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for your reply.  Actually i tried that option, restarted the services, nodes, cleared the caches and everything.  Still the same.  The only thing I could think of between the last notification period and this notification period is, in between there was Linux server patching.  Would that caseu any issue on this ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

That would be outside of my expertise since I haven't ran into that issue yet, my Unix team did upgrade JAVA without letting me know and I had an issue bringing nodes up because of that but that's an entireley different matter.

 

If someone else knows please feel free to pitch in.

 

Are you able to make a new policy that would send notifications weekly so you can test and see if the new notification would work?

 

Thanks!

Mig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi - Yes, exactly.  That is what my final option is.  I am going to try that.  I will let you know.  Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Kar,

I just wanted to see if you managed to get your issue resolved.

 

Thanks!

 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for the follow up.  Unfortunately, my problem is not yet resolved.  I am working with HP on this and we are currently doing mulitple testings in our DEV server.  No luck :(.  We are reaching our next set of notification day in another 9 days.  Hoping to resolve by then.  Fingers crossed 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Well it's good to know that you are getting help on the issue, hopefully it will be resolved in time before the new emails have to go out.

 

Were you able to create a new notification that should go out weekly for testing purposes?

 

I would like to know the solution that comes out of this in case for some reason I end up facing this same issue, currently our notifications go out weekly even though the time period is twice a month.

 

Thanks!

Mig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello KarTSK,

Where you able to find a solution to the notification issue? it seems that after the upgrade I am facing the same problem and I'm about to start troubleshooting it.

 

Thanks!

Mig

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.


@Scorpex wrote:

Hello KarTSK,

Where you able to find a solution to the notification issue? it seems that after the upgrade I am facing the same problem and I'm about to start troubleshooting it.

 

Thanks!

Mig


Hi Everyone !! Thanks a lot for all your support.  Finally, the issue with the timesheet notification was resolved.  It took couple of months to resolve.  But glad that we were able to get into the solution.

The cause was, due to the time period stamp was missing in a table.  It was suppose to be '2015-07-31 23:59:00" instead of '2015-07-31 00:00:00".  Because of which the timesheet notification query is not picking up the row to send it.  As soon as we updated the timestamp the notification successfully sent.    Attached the sample.

 

The table name was : ktmg_periods

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Well I'm glad to hear that your issue was resolved, I had a similar issue but it was due to the BCC field, I ended up creating a trigger that would change BCC to TO and it resolved my issue, I know this is temporary but as soon as HP sends me the Hotfix I might implement that.

 

Thanks!

Mig

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.