Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PPM 9.20 Upgrade: When to set JAVA_HOME

Hello,

We are upgrading from PPM 8.01 to 9.20 and we are on the intermediate version 9.14 with minimal issues.

As a prerequisite for 9.20, we need to get JDK version 1.7.0_3 or later and set it as the JAVA_HOME.

When we did it and tried starting the 9.14 services, we got 'itg.war' deploy failed and the services does not start.

Question is how do we handle setting the JAVA_HOME with a different version of JDK which fails PPM 9.14 but is a prerequisite for 9.20 upgrade?

My best guess is to Stop the PPM services on 9.14, set the JAVA_HOME with new JDK, proceed with upgrade; assuming the upgrade will not be affected.

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: PPM 9.20 Upgrade: When to set JAVA_HOME

Hi,

This is the way to do it.

Make sure that 9.14 starts properly, then stop it, switch to jdk 1.7 and start the upgrade.

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Absent Member..

Yes, setting the JAVA_HOME with JDK 1.7.0_3 just before the upgrade worked.

Thank you!

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I have a question...

I am going to be upgrading from 9.14 --> 9.2x --> 9.3 in the next few months...

I currently do not set JAVA_HOME on any users' machines and when I play with that on my own pc, it doesnt seem to have any impact on the way 9.14 starts or runs.

Does that change for 9.2x and above?  Again, I am talking about on a users' machine vs. where the application instance is installed.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.