Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PPM 9.22.0003 + Firefox 33 = broken Request Rules.

Hello,

Like Chrome, Firefox 33 brokes totally PPM's Request Rules.

For example if you have a request on load rule, and uses [REQ.REQUEST_ID] token, the Rule is not properly fired.

So, actually PPM 9.22.0003 is unusable for our organization.

Is there any quick and dirty workaround for this ?

Regards,

Alex.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I'm experiencing the same issue in Firefox. I thought it was for firefox 33 instead the patch 0003.

Did you open a service incident?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello,

Indeed, I've created a case support and provided a deep "How to reproduce" this issue.

Today we have discovered some bad side effects : any Request Rule who use [REQ.REQUEST_ID] is broken.

The only workaround is : ban Chrome and Firefox with our front-end Apache Web Server, and put a message to invite users to user Internet Explorer.

Since Mozilla Firefox is our corporate browser, this solution put our team in a very delicate situation.

Regards,

Alex.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Did HP told you anything about this happening because of the patch 0003 or is just a firefox thing? If any of both are they going to patch it?

Regards,

Alfredo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello,

This issue comes from Firefox 33.

In Firefox 33 release notes, there are some information about obsolete javascript functions who are deprecated.

HP has created a known issue document for this case :

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01227658

I don't have any other information about this issue. We are waiting for R&D answser.

Regards,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

PPM 9.30 documentation has been updated today.

Apparently only Firefox ESR 24 is actually supported.

Source : PPM 9.30 What's new (3rd edition).

Regards,

Alex.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi all,

we faced the same issue and it disappeared with HP PPM 9.31 using the following browser versions:

Mozilla Firefox 31 ESR (with 38 ESR the issue is still present - but this version is not officially supported)

Google Chrome 42

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.