Got into this trouble and would like to seek advice.
I have PPM 9.3 copied via cloning process on a VM on Windows Server 2012 R2. Now I received the license file and upon tring to run the kLicenseInstall.sh, it keeps saying 0 licenses installed.
I checked with licensing team and they have sent me multiple files now but all in vain.
HP Support contacted and mentioned that my VM has 2 IPv4 addresses - one for the server and other for backup IP. And as a result, the license file while installing is not able to identify the IP address and as a result, failing to install the licenses.
I even changed the host file under Windows directoty, restarted the whole server and tried again but no luck.
Now has anyone come across this issue or anything related to this. Any sort of pointers would be highly appreciated.
Please note that this is a freshly cloned instance similar to that of existing Production which has been running absolutely fine.
Awating for any sort of prompt response
Yes please, take the string from .dat file and try to insert to the mentioned table after taking backup. After new lines are inserted (let us not make any changes to existing lines), start through sh kStart.sh
If this solves our issue, good. Later you can check why there is a problem with klicenseinstall.sh file
Although it's not the recommended, but we have this last choice to give a try.
As suggested, I tried the same by updating the table, restarted the whole server, killed all java process, deleted tmp and wrk folder and then tried restarting the server but seems like its still stuck with the license production license file found under conf folder.
Now I guess, as suggested by Microfocus (MF), need to disable 1 of the IPv4 address and then try installing the same coz as per them, they tried installing the same file on their test server and it installed without any issue. So I guess multiple IP's might be the issue even though we set the NIC parameter in the server.conf 😞
Even we have multiple IPs in server and its working fine. Please try setting the ip used for PPM as primary IP.
Then or now also, try sh kConfig.sh
Edit all parameters and make sure all are correct according to current environment. Then sh kUpdateHtnl.sh . Just to make sure all are updated as well.
This we are doing to avoid any parameter or path missmatch from DB side.
Then try to install license through kLicenseInstall.sh. If successful, try to start ppm services.
If not, try to install license and start again post, IP changes.