Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

PPM Application Compatibility with Upgraded Oracle Database 19c ?

Hi all, 

Hope you all stay healthy !!!

I would like to ask for some advice to below questions:

We are planning to upgrade our  Oracle E Business Suite and Oracle Database.
Could you please let us know the following information :
• Is PPM application compatible with Oracle database 19c and Oracle EBS 12.2.9 ? 
• Will the PPM code migration and other functionalities work with Oracle database 19c and EBS 12.2.9 ?

Your quick response is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: PPM Application Compatibility with Upgraded Oracle Database 19c ?

As far as I know Oracle 19c is supported in 9.54 and above

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello Namanh95h,
The compatibility will depend on what PPM version are you using and what kind of customization is present.
As suggested by @imrikm and going by compatibility matrix, PPM v9.54 and above is supported on Oracle 19c.

From my personal experience, I have hosted PPM v 9.42 on Oracle 19c without any issues. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mehul Shah
Microfocus SaaS Operations Lead

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hum, no, don't run PPM 9.42 with Oracle 19c. You'll eventually run into trouble.
When R&D worked on Oracle 19c support, we ran in some issues caused by 2 impacting changes:
- PPM PL/SQL code is impacted by a change in how you retrieve metadata from a function parameters - some PPM code use this.
- Some views changes required granting extra privileges to RML user - which required change in PPM installation scripts. This is mostly impactful for new installs or if you're using RML though.

For these reasons, if you want Oracle 19c support, you must run PPM 9.54+ where these issues have been addressed. 9.42 may look like it works with Oracle 19c at first sight, but doing so will imply that you won't get any support if you run into an issue... so just don't do it!

Cheers,
Etienne.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.