sangliraja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PPM Mobility solutions error

Hi,

I was deploying mobility access to PPM 9.22. All details required in mobility_access.xml is given. The pop3 setting of the mail account has been verified by setting it up in outlook and seems to be working.

The error i see in the mobility_Access.log is 

:scheduler_Worker-6:com.kintana.wf.mobilityaccess:2014/08/06-15:41:19.364 SGT: The Mobility Access Job encountered an error: Command is not valid in this state.
:scheduler_Worker-6:com.kintana.wf.mobilityaccess:2014/08/06-15:41:19.364 SGT: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Command is not valid in this state.
at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store.protocolConnect(POP3Store.java:146)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)
at com.kintana.wf.mobilityaccess.server.MobilityAccessJob.fetchEmails(MobilityAccessJob.java:159)
at com.kintana.wf.mobilityaccess.server.MobilityAccessJob.getPayloads(MobilityAccessJob.java:83)
at com.mercury.itg.core.scheduler.service.impl.GenericJob.executeInternal(GenericJob.java:55)
at com.mercury.itg.core.scheduler.service.impl.GenericJob.execute(GenericJob.java:41)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:211)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

Also i tried the password in the xml with and without CDATA tags as well.

Did anyone have faced this issue before and resolved? 

Thanks

Sangiliraja.P

0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: PPM Mobility solutions error

Hi Sangliraja,

I found this on SSO it maybe helpful with you.

Cause

Extra tag in "mobility_access.xml" file's email_account/password fields.

Fix

Working integration does not have CDATA tags that are in the xml config file for the integration with the issue. The working integration just uses simple email address and password:

<email_address>ppm@hp.com</email_address>
<email_account>ppm@hp.com</email_account>
<password>ppm</password>

** NOTE :Remove the extra tags in the username/password fields.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

As i said i tried both versions one with extra tags (CDATA tags) and without CDATA tags and error remains the same.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Sangiliraja,

Please focus on this line:

javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Command is not valid in this state.

I wonder which version MS Exchange server are you using ? If your MS Exchange server was version 2010 please take a look.

According to microsoft: For exchange 2010, by default, the server would need the client use ssl for pop3. Without ssl the server responds with "ERR command is not valid in this state."

If you don't want to use ssl for pop3 please change your Pop3 server to accept non-encrypted password as following.

Open your Exchange Shell and enter:

Set-PopSettings -LoginType PlainTextLogin

Restart your POP3 service

Hope this helps.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi

Thanks for your response. This time i have to wait as there are some changes happening to the POP3 setttings in the server as informed by my admin.

I will let you know if this worked after i get a green flag on the setting.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.