PPM Notifications Issue - Version 9.60

Hi Team,

We have configured PPM service.conf file with the required SMTP parameters as shown below:

com.kintana.core.server.SMTP_SERVER=smtp.gmail.com

com.kintana.core.server.EMAIL_NOTIFICATION_SENDER= gmail id

com.kintana.core.server.SMTP_PORT=465
com.kintana.core.server.SMTP_USE_SSL=true
com.kintana.core.server.SMTP_AUTH_USERNAME= my gmail id
com.kintana.core.server.SMTP_AUTH_PASSWORD= my password
com.kintana.core.server.SMTP_USE_STARTTLS=false

No errors were received after applying above settings.

Workarounds already tired:

1. Restarted notification service

2. Re-run "Notification Cleanup Service"

With all the above settings in place and all the notification configurations enabled within PPM, no emails are triggered for timesheets, resource soft bookings or resource commitments.

Checked the notification tables in the database and the "notification_sent_flag" is showing a value of "Y". 

What could be the reason we are not receiving e-mails?

Best Regards,

Ashwani

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ashwani,
I am assuming that you can reach STMP server from your application server i.e. either telnet check or ping check is success in reaching the SMTP server "smtp.gmail.com".

If you are seeing the notification_sent_flag as "Y" in the PPM notification table, that means that notifications are being fwd to SMTP server to be distributed for its intended recipients. Now if you are not receiving those emails then first thing to check would be the SMTP server logs.

If SMTP server is sending the emails then check if the recipients domain is blocking the emails coming from "smtp.gmail.com".

Regards,
Mehul Shah
Microfocus SaaS Operations Lead

0 Likes

Hi Mehul,

We are not receiving response from telnet when using smtp.gmail.com 465.

Although, we received telnet response with smtp.gmail.com 587, so updated the settings in PPM using port 587

Tested again by submitting one timesheet and got the below error:

(NotificationManager.java:71):2020/09/29-11:30:17.021 IST: Failed to load notification manager configuration. Notification manager is now disabled and custom extensions will not execute

We re-ran the "Notification Service" and updated the timesheet. No more error but still not getting the e-mail notifications.

Please advise.

Regards,

Ashwani

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.