Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

PPM Purge tool

Hi,

I installed purge tool (unzip ppm-purge.zip) and started it with kPurgeStart.sh.

I have also configured a different port in the <ppm_purge_home>/jetty/start.d/http.ini and I set

PPM Server and Oracle database related parameters in the ppminfo.conf file. PPM is stopped.

I tried to to reach PPM Purge Tool through <PPM_IP_ADDRESS>:9000 but I receive error 403.

Can you help me to reach PPM Purge Tool remotely?

Thanks

Nicola

0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member.. Iliev
Established Member..

Re: PPM Purge tool

Hi Nicola,

Are you using IPv4 or IPv6? It is recommended to use domain name to access the Purge Tool web server, instead of using IP address.
By default, the Purge Tool allows access from the localhost only.
However, you can control whether you allow remote access to the Purge Tool or not.

If you need to access the PPM Purge Tool remotely, you may want to restrict remote access to the PPM Purge Tool to specified IP addresses (allow access to specific IPs):

1. Go to the <purge_home>/jetty/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF directory.
2. Open the web.xml file.
3. Add IP addresses you would allow remote access to the purge tool to the <param-value> line. The IP addresses shall be separated by commas.
For example, if you want to allow remote access from the IP address of 126.1.1.1, add it behind the default value for the <param-value> line as follows:

<filter>
    <filter-name>RemoteIpFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>com.kintana.purge.filter.RemoteIpFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>allow</param-name>
        <param-value>127\.0\.0\.1,0\:0\:0\:0\:0\:0\:0\:1,126\.1\.1\.1</param-value>
    </init-param>
</filter>

4. Save the file.

Note: The default value of 127\.0\.0\.1,0\:0\:0\:0\:0\:0\:0\:1 for <param-value> means support for IPv4 and IPv6 localhosts.

Best Regards,

Iliya

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Iliya,

now I have the following web.xml file with my IP address:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app>

<filter>

<filter-name>UrlFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.kintana.purge.filter.PurgeUrlFiter</filter-class>

</filter>

<servlet>

<servlet-name>javax.ws.rs.core.Application</servlet-name>

</servlet>

<filter-mapping>

<filter-name>UrlFilter</filter-name>

<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

</filter-mapping>

<filter>

<filter-class>com.kintana.purge.filter.RemoteIpFilter</filter-class>

<init-param>

<param-name>allow</param-name>

<param-value>127\.0\.0\.1,0\:0\:0\:0\:0\:0\:0\:1,16\.28\.170\.202</param-value>>

</init-param>

</filter>

<filter-mapping>

<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

</filter-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>javax.ws.rs.core.Application</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/rs/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

<welcome-file-list>

<welcome-file>Purge.html</welcome-file>

</welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

But I receive Error 403.

Is something else missing?

Thanks

Nicola

0 Likes
Established Member.. Iliev
Established Member..

Hi Nicola,

I had just tested it again.

One option may be to try to disable IPv6 on your network adapter.

Other option is if you are using VPN to a network - you may get another (one more IP address) that you will have to exclude in the web.hml file.

Best Regards,

Iliya

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.