Absent Member.. ScQuinn Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PPM_STACK_TRACE DB Table

Hello,

I am trying to find details on the PPM_STACK_TRACE table and whether the data is necessary to be kept long term.

This table has >24GB of data in our DB at this time. It has error messages from about 1.5 years and wonder if there is a recommendation on how long this data should be kept.

Thanks.

Scott

PPM V9.22

Windows 2008.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: PPM_STACK_TRACE DB Table

Hi Scott,

About PPM_STACK_TRACE table you can take a look on the document i attached for more detail on page no.1099.

There is no recommendation for the time to keep data in this table, i think it's safe to delete it any time but just export a backup first.

Hope this help,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks for the information.

I did see it in the Data Model Guide.

The data seems related to the PPM_EXCEPTIONS table. This data is only kept for 14 days I believe.

Not sure the value of keeping the PPM_STACK_TRACE data for longer periods of time.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jim Esler Absent Member..
Absent Member..

What triggers the writing of data to this table? We have been running ITG /  PPM for ten years and this table is empty on our database. What is its purpose?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Java exception gets logged here.

I am guessing this is true if you have "LOG_EXCEPTIONS_TO_DB = True" in the server.conf

But HP would need to confirm.

So you might want to check there.

The issue is that the exceptions in the PPM_EXCEPTIONS table have a 14 day lifespan before they are deleted, but the actual exceptions in this table are not.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Jim,

As Scott said.  PPM_STACK_TRACE DB Table is the place  to stores the stack trace of a java exception, if you set parameter

LOG_EXCEPTIONS_TO_DB to false in server.conf file, it will stop adding rows in that table.

Regards,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.