Trusted Contributor.. Mateja Zg Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

PPM Service not created after successful installation

Hello,

after installation wizard has finished successfuly, we wanted to start PPM Windows Service but it is missing. When we try to run kStart.sh, this is error message that we get:

ERROR server:localhost-startStop-1:(Server.java:733):2018/12/04-10:37:16.409 CET: Administrator or Configuration License is not found.

ERROR server:localhost-startStop-1:(ServerStartListener.java:94):2018/12/04-10:37:16.425 CET: An error occured while starting the Kintana server.

If we try to run kStart.sh again, then we get a different message:

The following errors were found which prevent this node starting
PPM: Port 1099 for RMI_URL=1099 is not available for PPM.
Node PPM sanity failed. See server log for detail.
PPM failed the pre-startup sanity checks and will not start

When we run kLicenseReader.sh, everything seems ok. Please find output attached.

0 Likes
7 Replies
P_V_D Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: PPM Service not created after successful installation

Hello,

Please try to kill the java processes that are bound to ports, usually this is preventing the instances from restarting or start.

Regards,

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi there,

You will need to create the services manually 

ksvc install <node name> -kh <PPM_HOME> -jh <Java Home> e.g. ksvc install HPPPM -kh D:\PPM -jh D:\Java\jdk1.8.0_25 

Repeat these for all the nodes.

For the RMI errors: Verify the RMI ports if they are available tor PPM:  The default RMI port is 1099, but any port above 1024 will suffice, depending upon system restrictions. The prefix rmis:// should be used for Secure RMI connections.

You will need to make sure you have the right ports configured in the server.conf. 

Also make sure you have appropriate licenses and access to start the services. 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi,

I have created the service as proposed, and I get one of this messages (every time different one):

"Windows could not start the PPM PPM service on Loacl Computer. Error 127: The scecified procedure could not be found."

I get this in log:

STATUS server:main:(?:?):2018/12/05-15:26:26.615 CET: Logging reconfiguration complete
STATUS server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:86):2018/12/05-15:26:26.615 CET: Running pre-startup checks for node PPM in standalone mode
STATUS server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:86):2018/12/05-15:26:26.631 CET: Checking: C:\PPM\server.conf
ERROR server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:86):2018/12/05-15:26:26.647 CET:
================================================================================
The following errors were found which prevent this node starting
PPM: Port 1089 for RMI_URL=1089 is not available for PPM.

If I restart server and try again, then I get this message:

The PPM PPM service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

And in log: 

ERROR server:localhost-startStop-1:(Server.java:733):2018/12/05-13:02:14.225 CET: Administrator or Configuration License is not found.
ERROR server:localhost-startStop-1:(ServerStartListener.java:94):2018/12/05-13:02:14.256 CET: An error occured while starting the Kintana server.

I have even installed different licese, but still everything the same.

Thank you in advance,

Mateja

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Thank you for the advice. Tried, didn't help.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi,

I have created service manually. When I try to start it, I get message: The PPM PPM service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Som services stop automatically if they are not in use by other servoces or programs.

And in logs, I get this: 

STATUS server:main:(?:?):2018/12/06-09:24:09.112 CET: Logging reconfiguration complete
STATUS server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:86):2018/12/06-09:24:09.128 CET: Running pre-startup checks for node PPM in standalone mode
STATUS server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:86):2018/12/06-09:24:09.143 CET: Checking: C:\PPM\server.conf
STATUS server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:86):2018/12/06-09:24:09.159 CET: All pre-startup checks completed for node PPM
STATUS server:main:(?:?):2018/12/06-09:38:53.502 CET: Logging reconfiguration complete
STATUS server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:86):2018/12/06-09:38:53.502 CET: Running pre-startup checks for node PPM in standalone mode
STATUS server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:86):2018/12/06-09:38:53.518 CET: Checking: C:\PPM\server.conf
STATUS server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:86):2018/12/06-09:38:53.534 CET: All pre-startup checks completed for node PPM

I have accidentaly created 2 services. And one of them (with wrong name) cannot be deleted. Can this cuase the problem?

Best regards,

Mateja

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

hi there,

Did you get your rmi_url port sorted? presume that is the one that is causing issue. You need to update the server.conf with the updated rmi_url port and then do a kUpdateHtml.sh after updating server.conf. 

To delete service you can run the following command on cmd prompt

- sc delete <service_name>

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
Aurobinda Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Yes, as suggested by Ajay. Please sort out the port issue, then try to start the node (post recreation) from cygwin window( sh kstart.sh <node name>.
Then check, if you are getting a line like... Ready!!!

Then try to access the url from front end. If still issue persists, please share the logs here.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.