PPM Support Tip: Creating a Dashboard Datasource and List Portlet from Administration Console
Knowledge Base Article: KM00789590
Basic steps to create a Dashboard Datasource and List Portlet from Administration Console using SQL Runner on Project and Portfolio Management.
Starting from version 9.22, this new feature allows you to create a dashboard datasource and a list portlet from any SQL statement that runs in the Administration Console SQL Runner.
Once created from the Administration Console, the datasource can be edited from PPM Workbench (to add filters and access grants) and the list portlet can be edited from the PPM Center portlet definition age, like any datasource or custom list portlet.
To create a dashboard datasource and a list portlet from the Administration Console,
1. Log on to PPM Center.
2. From the menu bar, select Open > Administration > Open Administration Console.
3. Under the Administration Console node, select Administration Task > SQL Runner.
4. In the SQL Statement text box, run the SQL statement that you want to create a Dashboard
5. Click the Create Dashboard Datasource button. The Create Dashboard Datasource dialog opens.
6. Specify names of the datasource and the list portlet that you want to create.
7. Click Create Dashboard Datasource and List Portlet. The Creation Successful confirmation pops up.
8. Click OK.
Most of the SQL syntax is accepted as long as it is a SELECT statement.
You can use the * operator for columns, such as:
SELECT * FROM KNTA_USERS;
All columns and their types will be discovered automatically.
However, you cannot use bind variables in the SQL. If you need to use bind variables, first create
the datasource with constants values set in place of variables, and then edit the datasource definition in the PPM Workbench to add the bind variables.
-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”