PPM Support Tip: How to add fields to the 'mass-update' page
Knowledge base article: KM1003548
In the search results page of requests, tic-boxes are left of the requests. When selected, it is possible to choose 'mass-update' or 'quick edit' from the menu below. How is it possible to determine the choice of fields that are present and editable in this mass-update page.
All fields that are in the 'advanced search' filter of a request search will be shown in the mass-updaste page. They are editable according to the settings in the status dependenciies of the Request Type for the fields.
- Open the Request Type from the Workbench;
- In the tab 'Status Dependencies', choose the status in which the mass-update would be applicable;
- Choose the field which should be visible in the mass-update;
- Make sure that this field is editable in the current status;
- Make sure that the field is set to 'Display' and also available in 'Search and Filter' by opening the field in the Request Type and editing it accordingly.
When searching for the request, you MUST choose the Request Type in the search page, then pressing the 'Advanced Search'-button and ensuring that the field is in the 'Display Columns' window. Then search from this mask. Even if the field is present in 'Display Columns', a search from the main search page (and not from advanced search) will not show this field in mass-update.
-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”