PPM Support Tip: Using Import Wizard to import BIAR files
When having issues importing the Business Intelligence Archive Resource (BIAR) files, use the Import Wizard
Integration issue - How to manually import the BIAR files
Client having issues when running the installBIARs.bat file.
From the logs:
C:\PPMC_Op_Rpt\Deployment\platform\biar\sf_biar_import.xml:74: Problem: failed to create task or type if
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.
Use the Business Objects Enterprise (BOE) Import Wizard to import the Business Intelligence Archive Resource (BIAR) files instead of installBIAR.bat file.
In the Content Pack, code is used to import all the (BIAR) files into BOE server. To do this manually:
1. Find the Import Wizard under Start | Programs | BusinessObjects XI 3.1 | BusinessObjects Enterprise | Import Wizard
2. For the Source Environment, choose "Business Intelligence Archive Resource (BIAR) File"
3. For the "BIAR File" Field, browse to specify the BIAR file to import.
Will find these files under the folders "Universe" and "Reports".
For example: C:\CP1.3_Upgrade_Bundle\Universe\TM_Derived_Universe.biar
4. For the Destination Environment, enter the Password for the BO system as the other values will be filled in already.
5. Keep the default options when clicking "Next" buttons to finish the import.
The import also failed, though by doing this, it was found the BIAR files were corrupt.
Client re-downloaded the Content Pack.
After doing so, they were able to successfully import the BIAR files.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”