Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
VarunS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PPM created by Access issue

Jump to solution
In PPM Created by user have rights to edit the request in all the steps of process.

If we try to restrict access of created_by user using field level security .Then User is not able to edit those fields even at the time of creation it self.

IS there any way to stop created_by user to edit particular request after submission.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Shravan Kathuri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PPM created by Access issue

Jump to solution
you can update created_by with "1" for kcrt_requests,kcrt_request_header_details and kcrt_request_details tables and run clear cache.

Thanks
Shravan.
6 Replies
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You can update the created by field with "Admin User" after request submission and you can copy the created by name to some other token for reference purpose.
0 Likes
Daniel Galvez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi VarunS,

You have to configure in the "security tab" that this user/group only can create the request and (as I remember) the "work flow security" can restrict the user to edit the request, I don't remember if you can restrict a user view a request created by him, but you can specify that "he" can only view the request.
Don't forget that every user who has access to the request can edit it even the user does not has action to do in the work flow.

Regards,
Daniel
0 Likes
VarunS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hey Shravan,Thanks.

But i am not able to update the System given created_by field using rule.It is not appearing in result section of rules.I think this is not up datable.
0 Likes
Alexander (Sua) Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I think Shravan spoke about something like this
- create execution step as 1st step of the WF
- execution step will do ...
ksc_store CREATED_BY = 1,1 (Admin User ID)
ksc_store CREATED_BY_USERNAME = 'Admin User', 'Admin User'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
you can update created_by with "1" for kcrt_requests,kcrt_request_header_details and kcrt_request_details tables and run clear cache.

Thanks
Shravan.
VarunS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks Shrvan and sua

i am able to update the created by fields from back end using a plsql function.After it no need to run clear cache As it is in first step after submission so request refresh automatically.

Created by is OOTB header field so we don't have option to update it using ksc_store.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.