Absent Member.. Anjaiah Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PPM..kintana

All,

is it possible to move the file to destination server(application server) through kintana with different user name .

Both user ids are different. i.e Kintana connecting the server with different user name and file is having different user name in destination server.

If it is possible, please explain me.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: PPM..kintana

Hi Anjaiah,

I think username should be common across source and destination. We are allowed to enter the password in the Package lines. The username is set in the Workflow step. 
If the usernames cannot be made common then we might have to first extract the file from source, copy the extract to the destination and then import it over there.

Hope this help.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Jason Nichols K Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PPM..kintana

If I understand your question correctly, you are wanting to have a file on server A username B be copied to server X with username Y.  In your package workflow, you should have your source and destination environments defined on the migration step.  In your environment definition for Environment A, you would define username that logs into that server with username B.  Likewise, on Environment X, you would define the username that logs into server X with username Y.  When PPM uses the ksc_copy command, it does some prechecking to validate that the file exists on the source and the target path exists on the destination and then structures the scp command utilize the username and hostname so that you can have different users between the source and destination servers.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.