sangliraja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PPM objects migration issue

Hi,

I migrated my PPM 9.22 server to new servers. I was able to configure enviroments correctly and able to test it successfully. 

When i try to use them for deploying PPM objects, i get error that JAVA_HOME enivronmental variable is not set. I have ticket to HP and i was asked to use export commands. I did as asked for and issue still remains.  Attaching screenshot of the error.

Can anyone please let me know if you fixed this issue before. I am on windows 2008 R2.

Thanks

Sangiliraja.P

I have thread in following link also "Project and Portfolio Management Support and News Forum" - 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/PPM-objects-migration-issue/m-p/6617950#M23488

0 Likes
8 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: PPM objects migration issue

Hi,

Please set like this

JAVA_HOME is needed in the environment variables for User Variables section " i've attached an screenshot for you".

For example,

JAVA_HOME = C:\jdk170

It must point to a java 1.7 SDK home location, not JRE, in this example, jdk170 is where I installed java 1.7 SDK version (not JRE version) on PPM server.

Then in the System variables, for Path variable, make sure that you have something like C:\jdk170\bin added in the Path variable to point to the java home\bin directory, thus when PPM loads, it will look for the JAVA_HOME and Path variable to understand where your 1.7 java SDK installed and know its bin directory in order to see tool.jar in SDK bundle.

Note: After you have done set JAVA_HOME and path please  restart your server to apply the changes.

Hope it helps.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Established Member.. Iliev
Established Member..

Hi,

Open cygwin window.
Test the output of set and env commands - is there JAVA_HOME mentioned in both? Is it correct in both? Is the path variable correct in both?

Try:

1. Edit <CYGWIN_HOME>/etc/profile file or the .bash_profile in cygwin for the user who runs PPM and add these lines to the end of the file if they do not already exsist:

JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/<JAVA_HOME>

export JAVA_HOME

**replace <JAVA_HOME> with real path in Cygwin notation**

2. Save the file then try the package execution.

You have to set them in the profile/.bash_profile file as the migrator will open new cygwin session/process where they may/will not be set.

Best Regards,
Iliya

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi vinhloc81

The suggestion were tried in my post already and it is not working.

Thanks
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Iliev

This suggestion is also given in the other thread and has been tried out.

No luck as well.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
0 Likes

Hi, 

Please follow carefully as this instruction.

As per the configuration of JAVA_HOME, you have to add the JAVA_HOME to your .bash_profile file. The steps below show how this will work:

1. open a bash shell
2. echo $JAVA_HOME
(this will show which Java version is currently being used)
3. export JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/d/idv/java/jdk1.6.0_16
(this will change the JAVA_HOME to whatever you've set it to)
4. export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH (no spaces)
(this will change the PATH to your Java version)

As example:

export PATH=/cygdrive/c/j2sdk1.4.2_17/bin:$PATH
export JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/c/j2sdk1.4.2_17

After doing these changes please bounce the PPM Instance. We can use the following commands to verify the above parameters:

$ which java
This will verify that command is called from which folder.

$ echo JAVA_HOME
Here we can verify the Home directory for the Java which can be referred through the PPM Application.
Is this what you did to update it in your system?

Usually the JAVA_HOME error message has two root causes, it's either Java path is incorrect or not set, or the user does not have permisions to access the folder.

Please check the permisions under this directory:

/bin/java

Please try to run these two commands in the command prompt under PPM_HOME\bin directory on PPM server using the same window user account that you specified in the ENV:

sh kVariables.sh as well as sh kSetupServerConfPath.sh

sh kVariables.sh should return java_home properly based on window->the Environment Path variable.
sh kSetupServerConfPath.sh shall return nothing if it works well.

Do you get any error for example, "command not found" for these two commands? If yes, it means that the problem is related to the shell script which is in DOS format and cannot be recognized as UNIX mode via Cygwin.

So you should run dos2unix such as dos2unix *.sh for these two shell scripts specifically under PPM_HOME\bin directory to convert all .sh files into Unix mode.
After that, try again for the migration.

* In case if you still sees the same error you can hard-code JAVA_HOME  in kVariables.sh file at the beginning, then it will recognize. Like this.

JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/c/Java/jdk1.7.0_60

After that please run dos2unix kVariables.sh again.

Hope this helps.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

As suggested by HP Support i added the export JAVA HOME and PATH in my .bash_profile and it worked.

Thanks
0 Likes

Hi,

So, the last my suggestion is helped you ?

Thanks.

“HP Support
0 Likes

Hi,

I wonder my answer is helped ? 

Thanks.

“HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.