Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PPM set up Speed reply is high appreciated

Dear all,

I am new in PPM, COuld you please till me how can install PPM if the PPM server different than oracle DB server

for example how can i connect the PPM server to its Oralce DATA BASE, detailed steps please if possible

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: PPM set up Speed reply is high appreciated

Hi,

PPM does not support other databases apart from Oracle DB. Which Oracle DB version is recommended for your installation can be confirmed if you specify which PPM version you're going to install. If this does not answers your question, please clarify it.

Detailed steps on how to connect PPM to the Oracle database are listed in the Installation and Administration guide, which you can download from the SSO portal, after logging with your SAID. I can also provide it to you, however, yet again, you'll need to provide the PPM version you're going to deploy, so that the correct version document can be provided.

Best Regards,

Filip

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

And view the System Requirements Guide.

It has all the versions that went through the QA Life Cycle that were certified for use.

PPM uses a jdbc connection like sqlplus, so since that ships with the Oracle Client, Oracle must be used.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Here is the installation guide of our latest version PPM 9.2

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00310029

There you can find the information about the installation.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.