Highlighted
Absent Member.. AndreaB_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PPM ssh2 cipher changes

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has or can you change the PPM ssh2 cipher to met FIPS 140-2 requirements?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: PPM ssh2 cipher changes

Hi Andrea.  Apparently there is an enhancement request for this (I don't know why as this is a major issue for US Government entities):  Here's the response I received:

"This issue presents itself because of the (DISA)Security STIG that was enabled in your server. On the other hand, R&D has an issue with the same error message "fatal: no matching cipher found: client arcfour,3des-cbc server aes256-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes128-ctr", and that issue is logged as an enhancement: "QCCR1L36513 New standards require SSH2 to use AES ciphers."

Max

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.