hotel_pappa_id Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

PPM9.31: Specifically what does DATE_NOTIFICATION_INTERVAL control?

I read the following in the ppm 9.31 administration guide:

DATE_NOTIFICATION_INTERVAL Interval at which the PPM Server is to check to determine whether date-based notifications are pending, and to send them. Default:60 (minutes)

1. Are "DATE_NOTIFICATIONS" different than other notifications?
  2. Is the PPM Server checking theknta_notif_txn_parents.notification_sent_flag in the above statement?
  3. Does it update the  knta_notif_txn_parents.last_update_date field when notifications are sent?

Context: We are having issues with notifications after our upgrade. Workflows are populating the notification tables immediately, eg., knta_notif_txn_parents,  which is how the steps are configured, but the times notifications are being sent out is not consistent. Some that should be going out immediately are delayed up to 4 hours. Some notifications are being sent out after a previous event has already occurred which is confusing.

I checked sendmail from the smtp server, and I get my message immediately in my outlook inbox.  However, before the upgrade I used to run a simple administrative user detail report and have it sent to myself and I would receive it almost immediately, I did it today twice and got one in 12 minutes, and the next in 45 minutes.

I don't know how the time is set for the system to look at the notification tables to find notification_sent_flag = N and send it out, It appears to be at random at this time. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rachna_Visal Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: PPM9.31: Specifically what does DATE_NOTIFICATION_INTERVAL control?

Once you have enabled and configured everything in PPM for notifications, PPM does check every certain amount of time what are the notifications that need to be sent out.
DATE_NOTIFICATION_INTERVAL -> Interval at which the PPM Server is to check to determine whether date-based notifications are pending, and to send them.
Default: 60 (minutes)

Check that value in your server.conf.

If you do not find it then it implies that its set to the default value.

You can set this parameter in the server.conf with a lower value.  Lower interval will decrease the delay of the nofitication.

The Notification History Report allows you to view Notifications that have been sent or are pending. You can use that one to see if the notifications are stuck or if they are still pending.

Please change the value for the DATE_NOTIFICATION_INTERVAL parameter to a lower value.

This should resolve the issue.

HP Expert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.