Aarnink Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

PPMC integration projects and resources

Hi,

A question I got internally at Achmea but I could not answer is the following one: if we plan for a project to deliver in a specific plan period and some delay occurs meaning the deadline cannot be met, how does PPMC cope with this in terms of resourceclaims etc.

Now it seems that the projectmanager needs to check mannually whether all resouceclaims are still correct and if adjustments are needed, he or she needs to make all changes by hand. The project managers at Achmea expect more from PPMC to unburden them in these tasks.

I looked for more info on these specific topics, but sofar I am not succesfull in finding information how PPMC should work and whether this is something we at Achmea are currently have not implemented (correctly), or this is something that is not implemented in PPMC at all. Which of course would lead to the followup questions, is the coupling of resourcemanagement to projectmanagement in terms of impact analysis and e.g. proposed changes to the resouceclaims planned for (a) next version(s)?

best regards, Richard Aarnink

0 Likes
1 Reply
silviocri Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: PPMC integration projects and resources

Hi Richard,

I suggest to develop some custom portlet for your Use Cases. The goal of custom portlet is highlight cases where some actions are needed by project manager vs resource managers

Regards, Silvio Crivellini

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.