Established Member.. mallik_248
Established Member..

Package Workflow step action fails : After upgrade from 9.22 to 9.30

​Greetings,

We recently upgraded to version 9.32 from 9.22. The upgrade was smooth and successful and now we are in testing phase.
A decision step on the Package Workflow is failing with GUID error and this has appeared post upgrade.

Please note that
- The Package workflow has another decision step in the beginning of the workflow which works just fine
- I have tried removing and re-adding this particular decision step. It did not help
- I have verified the permissions on this step are all valid
- The database has no Invalid Objects or triggers

- I have rebooted the server after clearing the tmp/ and work/ folders

For your reference we are attaching
-  GUID error log  (This is take from Search --> Administrative --> Exceptions)
- The screenshot of the error

What is that I am missing here?

Thanks,
Mallikarjun

0 Likes
1 Reply
rc9 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Package Workflow step action fails : After upgrade from 9.22 to 9.30

Hi Mallikarjun,

I am pasting the error that you are seeing on the package. The other error is related to Cost Rate rollup Update service and it is not related to package functionality.

Here is the error

nested detail:DB Package error:

The workflow engine has aborted processing this event because an excessive number of workflow steps completed. (KWFL-30007) (KNTA-10498)

The error indicates that in the workflow the transitions are defined in such a way that the flow entered an infinite loop. This is the reason that the workflow engine is aborting the processing of the event to prevent the system from becoming unusable.

Please check the workflow transitions and identify if there any any such infinite loop is defined as part of workflow transitions between the workflow steps and address this issue.

If this is still an issue, please try the following workaround.

1. check the following tables

select * from KWFL_PENDING_EXEC_OBJECTS

select * from KWFL_PENDING_EXEC_CALLBACKS

2. If there is any data in the tables, please do take the back up of these tables.

3. Truncate the tables

4. Delete tmp and work folders, restart PPM

Please try this workaround only in a non productIon instance. If this is happening in a Production environment, please log a case with HPE support to investigate this further.

Thanks

Raji

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.