Package Workflow step action fails : After upgrade from 9.22 to 9.30
We recently upgraded to version 9.32 from 9.22. The upgrade was smooth and successful and now we are in testing phase.
A decision step on the Package Workflow is failing with GUID error and this has appeared post upgrade.
Please note that
- The Package workflow has another decision step in the beginning of the workflow which works just fine
- I have tried removing and re-adding this particular decision step. It did not help
- I have verified the permissions on this step are all valid
- The database has no Invalid Objects or triggers
- I have rebooted the server after clearing the tmp/ and work/ folders
For your reference we are attaching
- GUID error log (This is take from Search --> Administrative --> Exceptions)
- The screenshot of the error
What is that I am missing here?
Re: Package Workflow step action fails : After upgrade from 9.22 to 9.30
I am pasting the error that you are seeing on the package. The other error is related to Cost Rate rollup Update service and it is not related to package functionality.
Here is the error
nested detail:DB Package error:
The workflow engine has aborted processing this event because an excessive number of workflow steps completed. (KWFL-30007) (KNTA-10498)
The error indicates that in the workflow the transitions are defined in such a way that the flow entered an infinite loop. This is the reason that the workflow engine is aborting the processing of the event to prevent the system from becoming unusable.
Please check the workflow transitions and identify if there any any such infinite loop is defined as part of workflow transitions between the workflow steps and address this issue.
If this is still an issue, please try the following workaround.
1. check the following tables
select * from KWFL_PENDING_EXEC_OBJECTS
select * from KWFL_PENDING_EXEC_CALLBACKS
2. If there is any data in the tables, please do take the back up of these tables.
3. Truncate the tables
4. Delete tmp and work folders, restart PPM
Please try this workaround only in a non productIon instance. If this is happening in a Production environment, please log a case with HPE support to investigate this further.