New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Parameter APP_SERVER_ALERT_TEXT in HP PPM 9.32 not available?

On our instances, we use the server.conf parameter APP_SERVER_ALERT_TEXT to inform our users about planned downtimes, upcoming releases, etc. So far, we were able to change this parameter through the Admin Console, but it seems to have disappeared in 9.32 (the parameter still works as expected when entered into server.conf, but we cannot modify it through Admin Console to make changes available without having to restart the server).

Is this expected behaviour or a defect in our setup?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hello,

I am afraid to tell you that this is by design. The commmand is working as expected but just at the server.conf

In fact i just did a quick replication on my PPM 9.32 getting the same result as you.

Let me know if you have more questions.

THanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

APP_SERVER_ALERT_TEXT is not a registered server.conf parameter and would need to be added manually to server.conf file.

It has been this way in previous versions as well.

If you have a screenshot that shows it was part of admin console, do send it to me as a private msg with version details and I will have it investigated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.