Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Pending Cost EV Update Service

Can anyone tell me what exactly the Pending Cost EV Update Service does?

"Asynchronously applies external updates to the Pending Cost EV Updates service when updates cannot be made immediately" doesn't really help....

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Pending Cost EV Update Service

Good Day Erik, 

Please take a look to the following information:

Pending Cost EV Update Service

Type : Heavy

Module : Financial Management

Description : The service divides the earned/planned values into weekly buckets for active projects. This data is viewed only through the graph and data grid on the Project Cumulative Cost Metrics page (via the Analyze costs button on project overview). Cumulative cost metrics are stored in the table KDRV_COST_METRICS_BY_PERIOD. Cost Rollup Service adds projects to a queue (KCST_PENDING_EV_UPDATES) for this service. This service does not perform any rollup calculation.

Default interval : 1 hour

Driving table : KCST_PENDING_EV_UPDATES

Intermediate table: KCST_PENDING_EV_UPDATES_ERR

Trigger Condition : When cost rollup service runs for all active projects with a active workplan that have cost enabled, new entries are made in KCST_PENDING_EV_UPDATES.

Recommendation : If cost is not tracked for any project, this service may be disabled.

Impact of disabling service : On disabling this service, the Project Cumulative Cost Metrics are not accurate.

Hope it helps.

Carolina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Carolina, this is good info, thanks. Do you know if the service recalculates all the values for the entire project/timeframe whenever it runs? I ask because I'm trying to troubleshoot an instance where this graph looks wrong for one project and I don't know why. I do see some errors for this service, though.

Thanks!
0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Erick Cole, 

Yes , service recalculates all the values for the entire project. Please let me know if you need something else regarding this. 

if The solution given was useful  please mark this thread as accept as a solution in order to close it.

Best Regards. 

Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.