Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Performance problem in PPM 9.1 SP2

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone faced issues with the dashboard performance post upgrade to PPM 9.1 version. We upgraded from PPM 7.5 SP5 to PPM 9.1 SP2 and noticed that many dashboard pages with request list portlet are erroring out.

Let me know if you have any information on the performance tuning within PPM 9.1 that I can try.

Thanks,

Niraj

Niraj P.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Performance problem in PPM 9.1 SP2

Jump to solution

hi,

the case number is 4632227146, you can refer this one as reference. the fix changes ootb request list and search query hint from /*first 200 rows*/ to /*rule*/ like this.  you can realize performance improvement

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

what is the oracle version? i faced performance issue with oracle 11.2.0.1, request list portlets and searches are all timing out, and got a fix from hp. but there is no performance issue with 11.2.0.2. If version 11.2.0.1, you can request fix from hp,(changes hints in the ootb queries), if you are on 11.2.0.2 check insallation quide for the oracle parameters hp suggest.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi

Niraj P.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

No issues with performance so far at 9.12.

But there is a Hotfix we had to apply for problems with executing package lines in the Deployment Module.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

hi,

the case number is 4632227146, you can refer this one as reference. the fix changes ootb request list and search query hint from /*first 200 rows*/ to /*rule*/ like this.  you can realize performance improvement

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

We had few performance issues after 9.12 upgrade.We had taken below steps.

1.Increased RAM.

2.Increased java heap size.

These were just preventive steps .we were able to resolve our performance issues by keeping watch on services running.After moving to 9.12 there were few errors coming from services node , that was the main reason of low performance.I would suggest try to fix any errors in server logs.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Varun,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have already made changes in to JAVA_HEAP_SIZE, as it was one of the initial recommendations from HP. I could also delay or postpone some of the services to help the environment concerntrate on user traffic. As of now, these changes have not improved the environment performance, but these are strong recommendations.

Regards,

Niraj

Niraj P.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Kerim,

Thanks for the case number, I have reported this to HP, and have a strong vibes that this fix would help us improve the performance. I will keep everyone posted, as soon as I hear back from HP.

Regards,

Niraj

Niraj P.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Linda,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you provide your case number while following up with HP on the performance issue? I am sure it would be worth for HP to look into your case, in order to determine, if the fix provided to your environment is relevant as fix for our performance issue.

Regards,

Niraj

Niraj P.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

hi,

preparing fix for your organization will take time, if you are in a hurry, there is a oracle parameter optimizer_features_enabled that also will help you. but use this as a temporary solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Check the server.conf or in the admin console setting for PORTLET_EXEC_TIMEOUT make sure it's set to a reasonable number, ours is set to 120 secs.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi, We are also coming across with Performance issues in pages. Dashboard queries take too much time. PPM users  have complaint about it.

Is there any solution you have found for PPM 9.12  performance ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.