Frankie_Kings Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Populating text field with Email Addresses

Jump to solution

Hello Team,  I have a text field in one of our Demand Requests that I want to use as a token for sending out an email notification.  I would like to know if I can string multiple email addresses in the field.  Right now I have a rule that populates this field as follows:

SELECT
'ml.is.posdeploy@heb.com;
ml.possm@heb.com', 'ml.is.posdeploy@heb.com;
ml.possm@heb.com'
FROM DUAL

I appears that I may be having issue using a semi-colon to separate the addresses so should I use a comma or is there a special syntax I should use?  Or can this even be done?

Appreciate any suggestions, advice.

Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.

Re: Populating text field with Email Addresses

Jump to solution

Thanks to all.  We will experiment with the options suggested.  Appreciate all the support.

Frank

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Alonso_A_PPM Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hey Frank,

Why don't you try to instead of putting the chain emails to send for example "john.smith@mydomain.com; john.doe@mydomain.com" try to use with USER_ID of the people whom are going to send emails.

Regards,

Alonso

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion Alonso.  I was trying to get away from manually maintaining the individual ids so was trying to use our 'mailing lists' which contain the ids.  I was hoping there was a syntax or parameter I could be missing that could allow us to string the addresses. 

I could also just create another text field with the other mailing list and add that to the workflow notification also. 

These text fields get populated based on other fields of the requests only so I cannot trigger them all them time directly from the workflow notifications.

Thanks again or let me know if you have any other ideas/suggestions.

Frank

0 Likes
Derek Giedd Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

In other fields where multiple entries are used, PPM uses '#@#' as a separator.  I have not tried it for email addresses but it may work.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks to all.  We will experiment with the options suggested.  Appreciate all the support.

Frank

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.