New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Portlet for Notes History and Transitions

Hi Experts,

1.  Is it be possible to create a portlet that can display all notes and transitions made in the workflow?
  2. I was able to get the 'Notes' values for all request thru KNTA_NOTE_ENTRIES table via SQL Developer. But when i used the same query in Data source and subsequently in portlet, im getting the results as follows:

Request Number                       Notes

36,125                          oracle.sql.CLOB@120b7e6

36,125                          oracle.sql.CLOB@1098392

36,125                          oracle.sql.CLOB@19d0fce

36,125                          oracle.sql.CLOB@78c21d

How do i convert CLOB values & display it as visible text in portlets??

How do i get the transition details traversed by a request and display in portlet?

Your valuable suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Roopesh Kumar

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hey,

You need to convert the clob into varchar in order for a portlet to handle it as text. Use DBMS_LOB.SUBSTR()  I do something like the following to concat the user & date with a truncated note:

select '[' || author_full_name || ' ' || to_char(authored_date,'mm/dd/yyyy') || '] ' || DBMS_LOB.SUBSTR(note, 255, 1)

As for the request history, try something like

SELECT LAST_UPDATE_DATE,
  STEP_LABEL,
  STEP_NAME,
  USER_COMMENT,
  KCRT_REQUEST_UTIL.get_wf_step_status_txn_dtls(STEP_TRANSACTION_ID, STATUS, RESULT_VALUE, VISIBLE_RESULT_VALUE) AS VISIBLE_RESULT_VALUE,
  VISIBLE_ERROR_VALUE,
  ERROR_MESSAGE,
  USERNAME,
  STATUS_MEANING,
  UNIQUE_STEP_IDENTIFIER
FROM kwfl_step_transaction_hist_v
WHERE TOP_INSTANCE_SOURCE_SET_ID  = **[your_request_id]**
AND TOP_INSTANCE_SOURCE_TYPE_CODE = 'IR'
AND CURRENT_FLAG                 = 'Y'
ORDER BY step_transaction_history_id

Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi Roopesh,

Could you please provide request field Notes History sql code for me and we are developing note history portlet for requests.

Thanks,

SUBBU. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.