MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Portlets indicated in grey are visible only when printing

In the Project Type, the user has the ability to add various portlets for display .  Some of the portlets when added come up greyed out.  The note at the top of the Layout section states "Portlets indicated in grey are visible only when printing."

Does anyone know if this behavior can be modified for all or specific portlets?  Thanks.

Max

0 Likes
10 Replies
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Portlets indicated in grey are visible only when printing

Hi Max,

This was logged as a Defect before, but looks like it is already fixed and it was for version 7.5.

I am wondering what is your PPM version.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

We are on version 9.22 and started from version 8.00.  Seems like this may not be the case?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Max,

Yeah! It is weird that you are getting that message on 9.22.

Is it happening to all the users?

Are you seeing it on all the projects?

Also, try the following steps,

- Stop PPM server.
    - Delete work & tmp folders from PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME (repeat for all nodes)
    - From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run:
        sh kJSPCompiler.sh
    - Re-start PPM server
    - From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run:
        sh kRunCacheManager.sh A
    - Clean browser and java cache.

If they do not work please give us the replication steps.

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Are these seeded/out-of-the-box Portlets or Custom Portlets?

Check the names of the Portlets.

And then compare a Portlet that shows up vs. one that has the Priting message. May be all the ones not showing up are of the same Type.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

As Randall said, not finding too much in the Support Database.

Think it could be realted to:

1) Permissions

The Project Management User Guide has a statement about the Project Summary page:
"The sections of the Project Overview page are self-configuring, appearing when they are relevant for the
project, and only to users who have the proper level of access, such as cost-related sections."

Login in the STAGE environment with a User that has the PPM All Access Grants, create a new Project with the seeded/out-of-the-box Project Type, see if all the Portlets show as expected

2) Hidden Fields

The Creating Portlets and Modules Guide mentions a Display setting for Fields that can be set to Hidden.

See if the Fields are Hidden in the Portlet Definition.

Let's see if this also helps narrow down the issue.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

I'll look at this from that point of view.  I believe them all to be OOTB portlets, but if there was a fix a long time ago, then it may be security permissions of some kind.  As requested, I have bounced the server, removed the tmp and work directories, run the compiler and Cache manager.  Didn't do the fix, so it is probably more along these lines. 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Max,

Try it out using another account, maybe another computer also.

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

We did try another account with a different user and different machine and the behavior was the same.  The portlet that I am trying to place in the Project Type is the "Project Participants" portlet. While reviewing the portlet definition, we noticed that this is an OOTB portlet that says: "Portlet is print-only; not visible for display." 

I then attempted to make a copy of the portlet definition and display it, thinking it might become an editable portlet, but the result was exactly the same.

I also checked the security of the portlet and made sure it was PPM All Access Grants. 

I suppose that the only way to get a  list of project paricipants to be viewed by users would be to create a custom data source, portlet definition, portlet and module.....

0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

OK, sounds good.

There must be a difference either between the Portlets that are grayed out and the ones that are not.

So the key will be comparing a "working as expected" Portlet and a "not working as expected" Portlet.

-Mike

“HP Support
0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Oh ok I see you narrowed it down.

Must be the same information under "Configure Participants", so for now Users would have to click there to see who is a Participant.

-Mike

“HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.