Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Pre Upgrade License Check

Hello Team,

As a part of the pre-installation check I have gone through all the documents and have following queries . Please help . 

Will the licenses from the current system work on new servers . We are upgrading from current 9.32 to 9.55 Windows 2008 R2 Servers  to Windows 2016 ? 

So the path being used is 9.32 ->9.42 -> 9.55 . Also to confirm this is the right approach  ?Do I require a 9.50 upgrade before 9.55  ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi , 

As per upgrade path mentioned in guide, Correct path will be 9.40 > (9.4x) > 9.50 >9.5x

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/ppm/en/latest/PDFs/Upgrade_PDF.pdf

Your new server will have new IP so you will new License key

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Manisha,

As Samit correctly has pointed out, you need to upgrade as follows

9.32 --> 9.40 (no need for applying SP2) --> 9.50 --> SP5 (deploy 9.5 SP5)

Newer version of PPM are using new type of licenses so its beneficial if you can arrange of a new key before the upgrade itself.

Also AFAIK on-premise licenses are IP dependent. Since you are also moving towards Win 2016 make sure you provide the correct IPs for new 9.5x licenses.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Mehul Shah
Microfocus SaaS Operations Lead

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.